Sunday, December 2, 2018

Welcome, December!

Week beginning thoughts: I might have found A Thing to motivate me into next year. Details to come eventually. 😀

Monday
Did: strength + 1 mi treadmill run
Good lift today, totally forgot to do core PT (oops), my earbuds were doing weird things so I had to listen to the gym music (eugh), but thankfully it was pretty quiet in there so I wasn't bothering anybody else. Did 3 rounds hard + 1 round lower weight/higher rep.
Finished with 1 mile on the treadmill for #RWRunStreak Day 5/41

Tuesday
Did: 6.27 mi @ 8:25/mi avg
#10kTuesday - 4th consecutive, #RWRunStreak Day 6/41
Met up with the early downtown crew for a COLD (probably coldest this year??) run - was 29F at the start! But man it felt great and I warmed up quickly, never even had cold fingers! We did a new-to-me route called "Right on Rice" - goes alllllll the way down Augusta Rd, weaves through a little hilly neighborhood section, then gets back on Augusta to return. Kind of a lollipop route. Was a good one! Had a funny incident where the guy out front's shadow went streaking across a yard, and it looked like a dog running out to the road, so I yelled out "DOG!" and of course freaked everyone out. But it was just his shadow. oops. Better safe than sorry??

Wednesday
Did: 1 mi treadmill + 15 mins stationary bike
With highs in the 40s and wind, I opted for an indoor workout. I also got a late start and didn't have much time to actually get in the workout I'd wanted to do, but I did something which is always better than nothing. Did my run streak mile (7/41) and then got on the stationary bike for a bit. Did some intervals for 15 mins and then had to leave to go home for the day.

Thursday
Did: 4.26 mi @ 8:40/mi
First of all...
Ok so... am I mistaken, or isn't the actual temperature supposed to be between the low and the high for the day??
I planned for a mid-40s run, not a mid-30s run!!
Thankfully it warmed up quickly and felt amazing by the time I got out to run before lunch. Ended up with an unintentional progression run of a little more than 4 miles... and wow, same mile time for first 2 miles even though one was on pavement and the other I took a little trip through the cross-country trails!
Run Streak day 8/41 complete.

Friday
Did: 1.48 mi @ 10:16/mi
This got done after dinner Friday night, which means it almost didn't happen at all (but the streak must continue!). I think I've found my new favorite way to get in my daily mile - taking D out in the stroller to see the neighborhood Christmas lights! He enjoyed it and it made it less of a "ugh, just go run a mile" kind of workout. :)

Saturday
Did: 7.02 mi @ 9:19/mi avg
This entire run was done while it was 50F and raining. And it was great!! Ok, maybe not that great, but it wasn't as terrible as you'd think such a run might be. I wandered my way through Green Valley for most of the run and was soaked through 4 layers of clothing by the end.
Definitely chilly, and had to warm up with a nice scotch by the fireplace when I got home.

Sunday
Did: 22.8 mi road bike ride + neighborhood Xmas light stroller run
In stark contrast to yesterday's conditions (and even this morning's), this afternoon was absolutely beautiful! Upper 60s and bright sunshine, slight breeze, and very few clouds. Wow, what a difference!
Got out and pedaled through Dacusville/TR for a lovely road ride. Love the feeling of freedom on a bike!

I'm posting this before actually doing my run later today, but it'll happen... the streak goes on!

Week ending thoughts: This was a good week. I'm in a happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment