Monday, December 17, 2018

Greenville News 5k Training (3/8)

Week beginning thoughts: Traveling ALL week (first half for work, last half for family visits/vacation). This will be a challenge.

Monday
Did: 1 mi treadmill
Arrived in Pittsburgh for a conference (I'm attending AND speaking !!!), hopped onto the treadmill for a quick mile before meeting a friend for dinner. Also, got my first hot shower since ummmm Saturday morning? Yeah, our power's been out at home. Fun times.

Tuesday
Did: 6.2 mi @ 9:08/mi treadmill
Got up at like 4-something to do this on the treadmill before the conference started. I've been a ball of nerves and didn't sleep worth anything. I'll be so thankful when this talk is over!!
BLERGH.
Wednesday
Did: 1 mi treadmill
Could have done more but opted for extra sleep instead. I got up AFTER 6AM today. Amazing. Talk went pretty well yesterday (whew!), traveling home this evening.

Thursday
Did: 1.58 mi @ 8:59/mi
Quick run before starting the day, just a loop through the neighborhood.

Friday
Did: 4.05 mi @ 9:08/mi
Out-and-back run in Florida

Saturday
Did: 3.28 mi @ 9:21/mi
Scott and I went out for a quick run before breakfast... I felt sluggish and my calf/shin was tight on my left leg. 

Sunday
Did: 5.46 mi @ 8:53/mi
Felt much better on this run! Though was a little full from breakfast... anyway, we did a longer loop through the flat, straight Florida roads...
Square run. No detectable elevation. 

Week-ending thoughts:
I want to run lonnngggggggg. I miss double-digits. I hope the weather cooperates this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment