Monday, December 31, 2018

Greenville News 5k Training (5/8)

It's Friday and I'm just catching up on the blog from last week... uhhhh yep. Holidays are busy!

Monday - Xmas Eve
Did: 12.5 mi mountain bike ride + 1.08 mi run
Rode the Annual Xmas Eve mountain bike ride at Isaqueena with a great group of friends. It was a lot of fun, but a HUGE group of people so not exactly a fast and challenging ride. Still great to get out in the woods with friends.
Did my mile in the neighborhood after I got home.

Tuesday - Xmas Day
Did: 10.08 mi @ 8:56/mi
This was my Christmas gift to myself - a lovely 10-mile run at sunrise! It was beautifully chilly and quiet out on the trail, and felt so nice to do this long run.


Wednesday
Did: 13.2 mi mountain bike ride + 1.11 mi @ 8:51/mi
Scott and I had our rare day to bike together, so we headed to our favorite - Dupont! It was a beautiful day, though there was still a good bit of snow on the ground. Followed up with a trip to Oskar Blues, of course.
 

Thursday
Did: 2.18 mi @ 8:45/mi
Had to get this done before we left town, so enjoyed a short run in the early morning through the neighborhood.

Friday
Did: 1.15 mi 
Had planned to do this on my own right before dinner, but D wanted to join me and look at Christmas lights in the neighborhood, so we rigged up the lights on the stroller and headed out. Love that he enjoys running with me! :)

Saturday
Did: 10.17 mi @ 9:11/mi avg
Stroller run with D around Furman and the Swamp Rabbit trail. This got tough around mile 8-9, but felt good to get double digit stroller miles. Finished with another loop around the lake following D (walk/jog) on his bicycle. Great day in the sunshine!

Later in the day, my left lower calf/upper achilles was aching pretty good, so I rolled it out with my golf ball stick and it feels better.

Sunday
Did: 1.06 mi run + 20 mi bike ride
Did my mile run then hopped on the bikes to head down the trail for a nice spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment