Monday, April 3, 2023

Boston Marathon #127 Training (Week 13 of 16)

In Germany for work all week, so will be getting in some early runs after some late nights.

Monday
Did: 2.2 mi @ 8:54/mi 
Got out early and ran around the lake near the hotel. 


Tuesday
Did: 6.22 mi @ 7:46/mi avg
Another sunrise solo run - my planned running buddy ended up not feeling well, so I headed down the bike path on my own. Decided to do 4 miles at a tempo pace (7:33, 7:21, 7:42, 7:11) with a 1 mile warm-up/cool-down. It felt AMAZING to be out running in the cool crisp morning despite not much sleep. The path is well-lit for the first couple of miles, then goes into darkness. Of course that was the point where my headlamp decided to die, but by that point the first light of sunrise was juuuuuust coming up over the horizon so I continued on. 


Wednesday
Did: 3.13 mi @ 8:51/mi
Short 5k in the cool morning air. Love running on these bike paths!


Thursday
Did: 9.38 mi @ 8:23/mi avg
Did a repeat of the long run back from the plant after work that I did on the last trip, and thankfully the forecasted rain and thunderstorms stayed away and it turned out to be a beautiful run. Followed the same path as last time and actually stopped to take photos.








Friday
Did: 1.25 mi @ 10:39/mi
Just a quick loop around the lake in the morning rain.

Saturday
Did: 1.8 mi treadmill run
Quick treadmill run before heading to the airport for return flight.

Sunday
Did: 12.02 mi @ 8:54/mi avg + 30 min climbing
Long jetlagged run, definitely felt a bit tired overall but got the miles done at a good pace. Back on a regular schedule for a bit now!


In the afternoon, went to ProjectROCK Easley and climbed a bit in the bouldering room. Feel like I need to take some sort of classes if I'm going to do this more than once every few months bc I don't really know what I'm doing other than trying to get to the top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment