Monday, March 27, 2023

Boston Marathon #127 Training (Week 12 of 16)

Starting the week in Arizona, ending the week in Germany. Wheeeeeeeee travel!

Monday
Planned: off/XT
Did: 4.86 mi @ 9:53/mi avg + 1.9 mi hike
Ran from the condo to meet the family at a trailhead for a hike. Used a pedestrian/horse trail that started leading me off into the mountains at one point, but was able to navigate back to the roads. 





Tuesday
Planned: #10kTuesday
Did: 6.22 mi @ 9:07/mi avg
Ran once the sun came up on a cloudy morning in the desert. Looped up through town and then back through a hilly residential area.

Wednesday
Planned: 6 mi EZ
Did: 1.45 mi @ 9:15/mi
Quick little run before leaving for the airport. 

Thursday
Planned: hills
Did: 5.3 mi @ 8:19/mi avg
Back in town, ran an out and back in the morning while adjusting back to east coast time. Didn't do the hills but tried to push the pace a bit.

Friday
Planned: off/XT
Did: 2.5 mi EZ + 3.26 mi hike
Easy neighborhood out and back plus a beautiful hike with D for the final day of vacation.





Saturday
Planned: 12 mi 
Did: 20.02 mi @ 9:13/mi 
After pondering my remaining training weeks, I realized I needed to do 20 miles this weekend instead of next weekend. The Monday race date had me thrown off a bit, and I usually like to do my final 20 miler 3 weeks before race day.
Had wanted to start early, but the forecast & radar showed strong storms coming through at 7am. Turned out to not be strong at all, and once I got started later in the morning it turned out to be sunny and hot! Struggled a bit towards the end but overall felt good with this run.

Sunday
Planned: 6 mi goal pace
Did: 3.12 mi @ 8:58/mi 
Trans-atlantic flight and a long drive, ran once I got to the hotel in Germany. 




No comments:

Post a Comment