Monday, May 3, 2021

"And you might think I'm weak without a sword, But I'm stronger than I ever was before"

This week's blog title brought to you by the current song on repeat: https://youtu.be/hn6lonvIRsI 

Monday
Did: bodyweight workout
This one took 30 mins! 12 Days of Xmas style with lots of reps... day 1 was a 60-second plank hold. That one got hard after 12 reps!

Tuesday
Did: Track Tuesday + bodyweight workout
Another great morning at the track. Did a bit of a downward ladder style:
1 mile = 7:03 (wheeee! haven't been close to a 7-min mile in a while)
2x 1k = 4:20, 4:18
2x800 = 3:24, 3:26
2x400 = 1:30, 1:26
That sunrise though!

Wednesday
Did: bodyweight workout + 7 mi hike
Had an opportunity to take a morning hike with Robin and pup Ruby! We did the Table Rock Trail all the way to the top and it was so fantastic... a hard steep climb but boy the view was so rewarding. 







Thursday
Did: 5.75 mi Altamont + bodyweight workout
I wasn't sure how the Altamont climb would be this morning, and it definitely wasn't my fastest but also not as terrible as I thought after yesterday's hike! The pistol squats during my little workout routine afterwards, however, were suuuuuper tough. 😳

Friday
Did: bodyweight workout + 1.5 mi easy run
Got my bodyweight workout done then took an afternoon easy out and back (with a walk in the middle) to test out some new shoessss I got! Deemed them worthy of the Saturday Long Run and was happy with that. 

Saturday
Did: 10.05 mi @ 7:58/mi avg
Uhhh I can't believe I ran 10 miles that fast. Wow. That's what I get for running with a speeeedy group of people early in the morning! What a great feeling though. Great morning and great company as always.

Sunday
Did: 4.8 mi stroller run + 4.6 mi hike to Sassafras Mtn 
Got in some stroller miles around Cleveland Park in the morning, then took a group on the sunset Sassafras hike at night. So fun, even though it was cloudy and not that great of a sunset... still worthwhile and hopefully will get to go again soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment