Monday, May 10, 2021

The week where I PR'd a 5k

Monday
Did: bodyweight workout + weights
This was a hurried workout between packing and prepping for a short trip to Florida.

Tuesday
Did: 6.23 mi @ 9:20/mi avg
Ran in Palm Beach along the A1A just after sunrise... was already hot and muggy (surprise surprise). Definitely a slow run for me but I wasn't really in any kind of hurry so just enjoyed the sights and sunrise along the coast as much as I could.

The Intercoastal

Needed a hill...found a bridge.

Wednesday
Did: bodyweight workout
Got this done late at night so the effort wasn't exactly 100%, but after a day of air travel and delayed flights, I needed to get something done.

Got my new outfit from Ellie!

Thursday
Did: 3.6 mi trail run + bodyweight workout
Ran 3 loops at Trailblazer Park in the morning - so nice to be outdoors and not in the gross Florida heat! Then got the bodyweight workout done at home later that day. 

Friday
Did: bodyweight workout
Had to make up the daily workout I missed on Tuesday, so I put 2 together between phone calls and meetings, ended up with a pretty decent workout!

Saturday
Did: 9.5 mi run
Warmed up with 2.25 mi @ 7:59/mi avg, raced and PR'd a 5k at the Zoom through the Zoo, then got in 4.22 mi @ 8:01/mi avg as a "cooldown" run afterwards. Pretty great morning!
Post-run brunch: Fried chicken biscuit w/ sausage gravy and Boston creme donut
(not pictured: also a beer)
I ate every bite.

Sunday
Did: bodyweight workout + 0.7 mi hike
Short workout in the morning then enjoyed a leisurely hike (more like nature walk) at Lake Conestee Nature Preserve in the afternoon with family. 

We all look thrilled! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment