Monday, March 1, 2021

Spartan Sprint Training - Week 5/11

Starting round 2 of the Ryan Fischer bodyweight workout program this week. Excited to see how it compares to last time through!

Monday
Did: RF Day 1 + 60 min Power Flow w/ Hyejin
Ok, so first day of round 2 went really well! Halfway through I started to think I was doing something wrong because it seemed so hard and didn't think I would have even made it through the first time 4 weeks ago... but I guess it was reasonable because I took almost 2.5 minutes off my time!

Then got an hour of yoga done which was a nice stretch but surprisingly challenging with some longer holds. I held crow pose for 20 seconds today!

Tuesday
Did: 7.23 mi Track Tuesday + RF Day 2
Not a super fast morning at the track but got in 3 good mile repeats (7:20, 7:17, 7:22). Stayed up late for work stuff last night so didn't feel like pushing the speed much today. At least it wasn't raining though!
Did Day 2 of Ryan Fischer mid-morning and got up to 24 reps (vs. 20 reps from the first time around). Feeling good about progress there!

Wednesday
Did: RF Day 3, 60 min Soul Sculpt, 5.08 mi trail run
Ok, I didn't mean to go that hard today... I had RF & sculpt on the plan for the day and that would have been fine, but after the suuuuper sunny and nice weather yesterday I decided to take the opportunity for a little trail time and OH MAN IT WAS AMAZING. It made me so thankful that I have the strength and the fitness to just be able to go do things like that without really thinking "hmmm do I have the energy for that? Will I make it?"  Nope, I knew I'd be fine (tired, yes, but totally doable). 

Harley helped show me proper sit-up form.

I decided to go finish the hike that we didn't complete on Sunday, and man oh man it was worth the climb!
It's sunny! And warm! I'm outdoors! So excite!

YESSSSS

The views were amazing

SO HAPPY.

A path in the woods.

It was a HARD climb. I did not do much running going up those hills. But coming down was certainly nice!

Thursday
Did: 5.6 mi Altamont run, RF Day 4, 60 min Power Flow w/ Marsha
Thought about doing something other than Altamont this morning but decided to stick with tradition and go for it anyway. Glutes were SORE but didn't bother me much during the run. It wasn't a PR climb today but amazingly felt better than expected. 22:31 for the climb time!
Later in the morning completed Day 4 of Ryan Fischer program (slower this time... 25:22 vs. 24:23 last time) then an hour of yoga w/ Marsha.

Friday
Did: 60 min soul sculpt + RF Day 5
Not too tough today, which is probably good considering the pace of workouts I've been keeping the past couple of days! 

Saturday
Did: 10.5 mi @ 8:06/mi + RF Day 6
Got out for an early loop downtown at a pretty darn good pace if I do say so! It sprinkled on us a little but nothing more than a mist, and the temps in the mid-40s were juuust right. Great morning pounding the pavement! Got home and finished up the first week of Ryan Fischer (all abs!). Woohoo!

Sunday
Did: 4.17 mi @ 9:57/mi avg
Took advantage of the gooooorgeous weather and went downtown to Cleveland park with D in the morning. We stroller-ed to a playground via the SRT, met up with Grannie & Peepa, and they took him while I got in a couple more miles solo. I also got to play around on the pull-up bars and monkey bars at the playground! Good Spartan training. 
Strollin'

Pullups while D plays in the volleyball sand.

Ouch!

Feels like this was a really good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment