Monday, November 5, 2018

Struggle bus. But still moving.

Well, last week (10/29-11/4) was a struggle for motivation.

Monday I lifted at the very end of the day (snooze) then went for a walk outside because it was so nice.

Skipped 10kTuesday because Reasons. (by Reasons I mean lame excuses that really shouldn't have mattered, but there you go)

Ran at lunch on Thursday (4.44 mi @ 8:56/mi) and felt good afterwards, but I can tell I'm losing some fitness and that makes me mad at myself.


Saturday, however, was EPIC and one of the best days in a long long time. I got to spend 5+ hours in the woods among leaves the color of fire, crystal blue sky above, and two wheels under me. Good friends, laughter, and 2,300+ ft of elevation gain in Pisgah.

Ahh, Pisgah.
 
 
 
 
  
Bike friendsssssss 💛

Post-ride recovery beers are the best.
We were on the bikes for 5 hours and covered almost 20 miles. I haven't ridden this long on a mountain bike in a long time, so I was especially happy that my 2nd ride in the past month since injury was this good! We didn't get home until almost 8pm after departing around 9am, so it made for a LONG day but man that's the best kind of exhaustion.

ETA: more pics from the Piney Mountain Bike Lounge page...

Stopped at the end of Squirrel Gap Trail

Almost to the top of the climb, but the best views!

Not sure where this was, but there were lots of rocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment