Sunday, October 28, 2018

Try again?

Week beginning thoughts: Okay, maybe this week I can get back to 'normal'??? Please??

Monday
Did: 12 Days of Xmas strength


Also it was very hot in the gym today. Yuck.

Tuesday
Did: 6.24 mi @ 8:47/mi
Ran with the early downtown group today and YAY I'm back on the #10kTuesday train. This was hard, especially because, hello, apparently it's winter now - was 40F at the start! Lungs, legs, and cardio are not used to this weather, plus not having run in almost a month has taken its toll. Still, SO happy to have done this run and I feel like myself again. :)
Happy in a disco vest (and long sleeves!)

Hehe new watch

Not my fastest but pretty good for not running in almost a month.

Wednesday
Did: 43 mins trainer ride
All-day meetings threatened lunchtime workout, so I decided to get it done early with a trainer ride in the basement. Happy to get it done, as always, even though my alarm this morning felt very very early and I did not want to get up. Felt good, did intervals as usual and got a good sweat going.
My early-morning ride coach.
Thursday
Did: 2.5 mi @ 8:49/mi
Today was a long ride on the struggle bus. Stayed out too late and had a biiiiit too much fun with coworkers at a work dinner Wednesday night. Waited til the end of the day to go out for a run and felt a bit better, but it was still kind of a rough aimless run. Still, it got me outside and breathing fresh air, which can only help.

Friday
Did: rest

Saturday
Did: 8.6 mi run @ 9:34/mi + 13.9 mi Freakbike ride
Started off with a run in the afternoon to test out some distance on the knee. Headed out through Green Valley via Foothills Road, up to the Swamp Rabbit into TR, then back through Green Valley. The run felt challenging but loved being out on a long run after so much time off - hooray! Not to mention the fall afternoon weather was beautiful.
Knee almost looks normal again!
Saturday night we had a Freakbike Halloween ride - started at Sunrift, stopped for a beverage at TR Tasting Room, then pedaled down the Swamp Rabbit trail in the dark to end at Compadre's for dinner.
 
 
Pirate, Dee Snider of Twisted Sister, our friend Indiana Jones, and Construction Worker

Sunday
Did: 15.3 mi mountain biking
Met the early Sunday crowd for dirt church (which we've called "The Congregation Ride") at Dupont. There were 4 of us in total - Waylon + two others I'd never met. I felt pretty good, though took things very cautiously, and of course wore my knee pads. It was COLD to start, but was a beautiful day for riding in the woods.
View from Airstrip Trail

Up on Airstrip

Beautiful Bridal Veil falls
Week ending thoughts: 
FINALLY a normal week... and I'm exhausted (too many social activities). This coming week should be good though, just have Halloween on Wednesday, but otherwise maybe a little bit calmer than last week (goodness I hope so). But happy to be back on track with exercise, and trying to think of what I might want to train for next year. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment