Sunday, November 18, 2018

Travel week

Week-beginning thoughts: Going ahead and acknowledging that this may be a challenging week with work travel, but going to do my best.

Monday
Did: strength
Good lifting today. I've stopped writing down my lifting because I find it tedious and annoying. I get better work done just going for it. I can sometimes remember what I did, other times I don't... I did 4 rounds of everything, with the first 3 at "normal" weight / 8-10 reps each, then the last one at a lighter weight / 12-15 reps. I read somewhere that doing lighter weight/higher reps on the final set of each lift can help flush out the lactic acid. Part of me is like, "But I like being sore... how do I know I worked out if I'm not sore?" hehe.

Tuesday
Did: 6.2 mi @ 8:28/mi avg
Treadmill #10kTuesday, progression style! Cold and rainy = no early group downtown, so I headed into work early to get this done on the 'mill. Not my favorite, but some good tunes made the miles tick by decently. I did a progression run for this, clicking up the pace with each mile...
9:30, 9:00, 8:30, 8:00, 7:30, and a final half-mile at 7:00/mi before cooling down for the remaining 0.7 miles.

Wednesday - work travel
Did: nada

Thursday - work travel
Did: 2.97 mi beachfront run
Took the opportunity to enjoy the warm (HUMID) Florida sunrise along the beach. I didn't have any distance or pace goals, just wanted to get out and run. Did about 2.5 miles then walked on the sand with my feet in the water for the last half mile back to the hotel. Such a nice way to start the day.
Sunrise colors

Palm Tree Christmas lights

Toes in the sand



Friday - work travel
Did: nada

Saturday
Did: 6.1 mi @ 9:22/mi w/ stroller
This was truly just a "get out and do something" run, and we did just that. D and I started from Gateway Park in TR, ran to the north end of the Swamp Rabbit Trail, then a little bit into TR when we returned before heading back to the car. It was a nice casual run, beautiful fall weather, and then we enjoyed some time at the bike park afterwards. So nice to not really have any time constraints or schedules, and it was so good to spend the time with D after being away all week!

Sunday
Did: yoga
A local bike shop/beer place had an event for $10 yoga class + beer. A couple friends and I made it into a girls' afternoon and it was so nice! They're planning to make it a monthly thing, so hopefully we'll get to go again. Such a nice change of pace for a Sunday afternoon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment