Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Busy / Vacation Week

Well, once again it's Wednesday afternoon and I'm just now starting the weekly blog. Oy!

Monday
Did: nothing
Planned for strength but meetings took over. It's that kind of week.

Tuesday
Did: 6.22 mi @ 8:00/mi
Ran with the early downtown crew because goodness knows I didn't want to risk not getting in my run due to work complications. I'm getting to the point where I'm afraid to run with the group because my speed isn't where it once was (or so I thought). This run was a great reminder that I CAN run fast, and the motivation of a group is so so good. I was in the front of the pack of about a dozen runners, and stayed well ahead of everyone. It felt really good, plus the motivation to stay with the other person near me was strong because I didn't know the route. Bonus was getting to see the super blood moon over the city as we climbed up Park Street. So cool! Followed up with Big 5 stretching.

Wednesday
Did: 14.4 mi @ 15.2 mph bike ride
Rode the Sherman College loop solo today and felt good, though a little disappointed that my speed wasn't faster. I guess the motivation to push wasn't there without someone faster riding with me, though I could tell my legs were a little tired also. Still, a solid ride and quite happy that I got out on the bike.

Thursday
Did: rest
Well, it seems the bug (whatever it is) has bit the Trenor household. We arrived at work this morning only to get a call from daycare 30 minutes later that D had a fever, so we had to turn around and go get him. By the time we got there, he had puked and was puking again. So pitiful! Scott and I both felt a bit "off" today too, so we're taking as much preventive medication as possible and both opted out of exercise so as to allow our bodies to have as much energy as possible to fight The Crud.

Friday & Saturday
Did: Travel & nothing
On vacation Friday and Saturday, no formal exercise. Not feeling 100% but nothing seems to have gotten worse, so we'll take that as a win. D has been ok, too.

Sunday
Did: 6.13 mi @ 8:49/mi avg
Ran with Scott in the morning while our vacation housemates watched D. Ran on the Cape Henry Trail in First Landing State Park in VA Beach. It was nice, and started to sprinkle rain towards the end. Felt good to get out after several days off.

Definitely not the week I had in my head, but as always, it's better than nothing. Hoping for a better week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment