Monday, February 12, 2018

Rain, Rain, Go away

Returning from vacation, hoping for a little more "normal" week than last week to finish things out...

Monday
Did: 10,000+ steps walking through airports
At least I hit my step goal today!

Tuesday
Did: 6.24 mi @ 8:50/mi
Goal for today was 55-60 minutes for the 10k, so at a 55:55 I'd say I nailed it. I didn't want to go out too fast and it was far too soon after far too much lunch to try to push any kind of speed (oof, leftover airport pizza). I chose a hilly route in preparation for this Saturday's race (41st running of the Green Valley 10-Miler) but wanted to take it a little bit easy. Felt good after I finally got through the feeling of a brick in my stomach. It's a gorgeous day out, and I ran in short sleeves! I can't remember the last time my arms were exposed to sunlight.

Wednesday
Did: 2mi walk on treadmill desk
Blargh. I'm starting to think that if I don't get my first-thing-in-the-morning workout, it's just never going to happen these days. Thank goodness for conference calls and earbuds so I can treadmill desk while on the phone!

Thursday
Did: treadmill #speedworkThursday
Ahhhh yep, love getting the run done early. Treadmill today for some speedwork, and it felt good! Below are the speed (6:15/mi) vs. recovery (~9:45/mi) segments for today:
1WU
800/200
800/400
800/200
400/400

Friday
Did: #yogaFriday

Saturday
Did: 10.05 mi @ 7:59/mi avg
Race Report: Green Valley Road Race 10-Miler

Sunday
Did: nada
Rainy rainy day, tired legs, and slept funny so my back hurts. COOL.


I keep hoping for a normal week and it's a swing and a miss. Obviously it's mostly (entirely) my fault, though the rainy weather doesn't help. No bike ride and no strength training this week... boooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment