Monday, January 30, 2023

Boston Marathon #127 Training (Week 4 of 16)

Monday
Planned: XT/off
Did: 1.75 mi easy
Early flight out for some work travel, so got in an easy loop through the neighborhood.

Tuesday
Planned: 6 easy
Did: 6.24/mi @ 9:04/mi avg
Planned for the weather up in Cleveland and headed out for a run in the icy dark around neighborhoods near the hotel where we're staying. Sidewalks were a little sketchy, so I opted mostly for side roads where I could run in the streets that were mostly clear. It was lovely and white all over the yards and trees, and lots of folks still have their Christmas lights up! I didn't make it up to see Lake Erie as I'd thought about doing, but it was dark and cloudy so I don't think I would have been able to see much anyway. Enjoyed a great and easy 10k!

Wednesday
Planned: intervals
Did: 8.05 mi @ 8:14/mi 
Based on the forecast for precipitation (snow/rain) I opted for the hotel treadmill to do some speedwork intervals. Ran 2x 1mi, 2x .75mi, 2x .5mi, 2x .25mi all at about a 7:00/mi with .25 mi recovery between each. 

Thursday
Planned: hills
Did: 5.5 mi @ 8:08/mi avg
Legs were actually SORE from the hard treadmill run Wednesday, so opted to skip the mountain today and did Lakeview Lollipop route instead. Definitely a good choice.

Friday
Planned: XT/off
Did: 3.12 mi @ 10:41/mi avg
Ran an easy 5k on the trail - cold morning! But lovely sunshine. :)

Saturday 🥳
Planned: 12 mi
Did: 12.1 mi @ 8:39/mi avg
I have got to figure out a way to slow these long runs down! I ran this one at what felt like a pretty easy pace, but I guess running with a group I always see to go faster than I would otherwise. Felt good and was excited for treats from the Bake Room afterwards.

Sunday
Planned: 5 mi MP
Did: 6.67 mi @ 8:22/mi avg
Headed out at sunrise to get the fast miles done... legs were definitely still feeling quite tired from the day before but I also knew it would help slow my goal pace miles down so they'd be closer to my ACTUAL goal pace. Ended up with pretty consistent splits for the pace miles!
Plus a beauuuuutiful sunrise 😍

Took a short walk before church while D was in sunday school, then did Vinyasa at Soul Yoga in the later afternoon. Good week! Only thing missing was a strength workout, but given that I was out of town for half the week, I'll give myself a break and be proud of the consistency I was able to maintain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment