Sunday, December 25, 2022

12 Days of Yeti - Part 2

Well, this second half of the Yeti challenge was a little more loosey-goosey for me. There were a lot of non-running elements and I tend to slack on those. I did all the running/walking parts though!

I also forgot that I went to hot vinyasa at Soul Yoga on Sunday (12/18) but didn't include it in the blog... oopsie. It was great to go back for another week! I'm hoping/planning to make that a regular part of marathon training. 

Monday
Yeti Challenge: Walk 3 miles, each mile getting faster.
Did: 3.0 mi walking (16:19, 15:00, 14:01) + 1 mi run @ 9:30/mi
Did the challenge plus the mile for the streak on the treadmill at work today due to time constraints. 

Tuesday
Yeti Challenge: learn all the words to a Dolly Parton song. I listened to 'Coat of Many Colors' a few times.
Did: 7.77 mi Track Tuesday
Ran at the purple track this morning and got in 6x800m, felt strong! All between 3:22-3:27 except the last one which I pushed a little harder and got in 3:19.

Wednesday
Yeti Challenge: make someone's day. I don't think I did this. 
Did: 3.43 mi run @ 10:13/mi avg
Easy run starting exactly on the Solstice (4:47pm) and ran until sunset. 

Thursday
Yeti Challenge: Break a habit, do something out of the ordinary.
Did: 7.0 mi cold rain run w/ 6x hill repeats
I would say running in a cold rain storm was out of the ordinary, but it really wasn't. 😂 

Friday
Yeti Challenge: Put a smile on your face or someone else's. We went to visit family, so I would say this was accomplished. :)
Did: 3.12 mi @ 9:15/mi avg
Very cold run in the cousins' neighborhood! Waited til late morning and it was verrrrrry windy. 

Saturday
Yeti Challenge: Pick up trash during your run. I.... did not do this. Although yesterday I chased down some garbage cans that had blown over in the wind, so maybe that counts as a good deed.
Did: 1.18 mi @ 9:36/mi
Just one easy mile for the streak.

Sunday
Yeti Challenge: 90-minute out-and-back
Did: 10.08 mi @ 8:32/mi
This was the perfect way to start Christmas morning, and I am pretty sure it was my coldest run ever! It was about 15F the entire run and dark most of the time... last 30 mins or so the sun was rising. I set off from the house right after 6am and ran up the trail to TR. I set my watch to alert me when 45 mins had gone by, and it buzzed right after I passed Sunrift in TR, so I turned back. It was too cold to actually roll back the 3 layers of sleeves I had on, and turned out to be a text message... but I ran some extra loops on the way back to the house to round out just over 10 miles. Beautifully cold and peaceful!



Weekly miles = 33.6! Feeling awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment