Sunday, August 8, 2021

Recovery Week

It has been a while since every single muscle in my body hurt, and boy oh boy, do they hurt. I'm doing the granny walk from sore quads, obliques and shoulders are sore... just crazy. But man it hurts so good.

Monday
Did: 35 mins Full Body Recovery yoga, 10k steps
Found a video on YouTube and did some recovery yoga with lots of deep stretching. Everything is just SO sore.

Tuesday
Did: 8.0 mi Track Tuesday, 17k steps
Yes, I did Track Tuesday but I took it easy. Just ran laps at an easy pace and pushed for 100m strides at about 60-70% effort each. Did the final 400m at about an 80% effort and still came in at 88 seconds which I feel great about! The legs definitely felt better after running, but quads were still so sore throughout the day.

Wednesday
Did: 2.13 mi @ 8:59/mi + 10 min bodyweight and stretching, 11k steps
Just wanted to get out and shake out the legs a bit more this morning, plus it was in the 70s and felt amazing! Went for a nice long (unrecorded) walk at work during a midday break, also still just beautiful outside.

Thursday
Did: 5.65 mi Altamont run, >10k steps
Finally got back to the morning mountain run this morning! I honestly wasn't excited about it when I woke up this morning, and the run was definitely hard, but I'm glad I did it. I had to walk a small portion to get my heartrate down during the climb. But I made it! Thinking this will have to be added back to the regular routine. 

Friday
Did: 35 min strength + 2.7 mi walk before/after dinner (>10k steps)
It's almost a week later and I don't remember what I did... weights and such, I suppose!
Definitely got sweaty tho.

In the evening we went to dinner in TR and I got in a bit of walking before and after. 

Saturday
Did: 18.12 mi @ 9:38/mi
Had a wild thought of running 20 miles today, but decided due to time and just uhhh not wanting to run anymore, I stopped at 18. I was pretty happy with that amount as it's the longest run I've done in about 18+ months! Actually got faster throughout the run, but part of that was due to the last half being on the Swamp Rabbit Trail vs. first part through hillier downtown. A good run though and happy with the big mileage!

Sunday
Did: 4.9 mi hike
Fun group hike to the peak of Sassafras Mountain! First time I've done this not at sunset, and it was great to bring D along with me this time. Really pretty, great time in the woods, overall an awesome hike.




2 states at once!

D wanted to be a puppy





Almost 34 miles run for the week! 💥

No comments:

Post a Comment