Sunday, April 26, 2020

Coronavirus - Week 6

Pitter patter, let's get at 'er.


Monday
Did: Power Flow w Karina
Was excited for this when I signed up yesterday... less so this morning, but was still a good flow and I'm glad it's done. Wasn't exactly the same as yesterday's routine which is good because that one was hard, but it was similar enough that I didn't feel caught off guard by anything. I think she modifies the routine a bit since it's early morning vs late afternoon. Thankful for that.

Tuesday
Did: 6.26 mi @ 8:48/mi moving avg + Yin Yoga
Ran the first part of my 10-miler from a couple weekends ago. It's so hilly! But I got to run past a field with some cute little lambs, so that was nice.
Lambs!

Also wearing red for first week of #runtherainbow challenge. Decided instead of doing it all in one week I'll just do consecutive 10k Tuesdays, then post a collage at the end. Whee!
💓 Red 💓 
In the evening, did a Yin Yoga session - it was verrrrryyyyy relaxing, lots of extended holding of poses all seated or lying down. Good stuff although not quite what I'd wanted to get out of it. I'll try it again sometime though.

Wednesday
Did: 1.6 mi "run" following D on his bike on trails + 60 min Power Flow w Karina
Took D out to Gateway park and he did some loops on the pump track.
Earth Day ride

Got home and did a lunchtime power flow class w/ Karina - solid flow, mostly same routine as Monday morning. Good stuff and it was nice enough to do out on the patio!

Thursday
Did: 4.39 mi @ 8:28/mi +
I thought about running in the early morning cold rain, then I decided I didn't want to... and then I talked to a friend who convinced me to do it anyway. Thank goodness for amazing friends. SUCH a good run.
🎵 "Feel the rain on your skin..." ♪
https://youtu.be/b7k0a5hYnSI
Friday
Did: Soul Sculpt w/ Jen
Tough but good class! I think I'm finally getting to where I enjoy sculpt classes. Jen is super motivating, too.

Saturday
Did: 6.24 mi @ 8:11/mi avg pace + 60 min power flow + deep stretch w/ Wednesday 
First, I got up and out early (right at sunrise) for my 10k virtual race. It was a nice temperature and felt good to run something with purpose.
Pretty sunrise at the start

Finished!


Got back in time for flow + deep stretch with Wednesday. She did a great flow, had never taken her class before. Enjoyed it very much, especially the analogy of a honey badger that she used. The summary was saying it's a badass animal but sometimes it gets so aggressive that it fights off all of its friends and eats its young... basically saying don't let your inner badass overpower your light and kindness - it's all a balance. 

Sunday
Did: 7.01 mi @ 9:10/mi run + Power Flow w/ Wednesday + 14.6 mi bike ride
Oh yes, it was an active day!
Started with a 7mi run through green valley this morning...
Sunshine through those hills
... then did some yoga by the fire... and in the afternoon joined a group of friends for a great group bike ride, including Super D's longest distance by far (14.6 miles!) on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, with an ice cream stop in TR, of course.


And that's a wrap. I'm tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment