Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Race Registration: Sky to Summit 25k (Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019)

I signed up for a race!

Sky to Summit 25k

I've been toying with what to do with the second half of the year. I'd considered going for a marathon PR, or focusing on shorter distance speed... but the trails have been calling. I'd heard about the Sky to Summit from some of the early downtown run group and even thought of the 50k until I mentioned it and was told it was "basically a hike" and "one of the hardest 50ks". So I shifted focus to the 25k, and got ready to sign up on Tuesday morning when registration opened at 10am. The race is known to sell out in minutes so I made sure to be logged on right when it went on sale. Made me think of the good old days getting concert tickets on Ticketmaster. 😂

The good news: I got in! Even better, I convinced my running buddy Robin to sign up with me. Both she and Dale signed up! We're gonna do a trail run!

This race is known for some beautiful views in the Georgia mountains, and I'm so excited to have something different to train for this summer.

Course Info

Elevation profile
Detailed course info here on TrailRunProject.com

Yippee, trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment