Sunday, May 6, 2018

Spring has arrived!

Monday
Did: lifting

Increased weights on several things and felt good, but I can tell I'm going to be SORE. Also kept good form on the pull-ups which tells me I need to move down in the counterweight soon. 

Tuesday
Did: 6.21 mi @ 10:40/mi avg
Ran early downtown with Robin & Dale, weirdly chilly (mid-40s) for as warm as the daytime gets... but I'm not complaining! I know it'll be short-lived. As usual, good to get this done early so I can focus on the day ahead. Oh, and I was right... hammies, glutes, and just about everything else are SORE from yesterday.

Wednesday
Did: 1.8 mi treadmill desk walk
Busy day at work, legs still sore from Monday... plus knowing Friday would be the 5k March of Dimes walk, decided to just make to day a rest day.

Thursday
Did: 10.8 mi bike ride
Rode at lunch with Robin today - gorgeous, warm, spring day! A little breezy at times, but overall felt great to be out on the bike. Hooray!

Friday
Did: 5k March of Dimes walk
I didn't even bother with tracking this on Garmin, but it was a nice family walk through Cleveland Park & downtown Greenville in the evening.
Marching for Babies!
Saturday
Did: 9.24 mi @ 9:09/mi avg
Stroller run with Super D on a lazy Saturday morning. Yes, somehow running 9+ miles with a stroller constitutes "lazy"... anyway, it was a nice run, got quite warm towards the end, but was nice to just get out and log some miles with my little running buddy on the Swamp Rabbit Trail.
 

Sunday
Did: 15.6 mi mountain biking
Got a solo trip out to Pleasant Ridge this morning to do some loops on the JFA trail. I did two full loops, 5.6 miles each. My current PR for a loop is about 45 minutes based on previous Garmin data that I could find. Today I did not one, but TWO loops under that... Loop 1 was 42:03, and Loop 2 was 41:28. Crazy! Pretty happy with that. I even went for a third but kept it short (there are a few shortcuts along the way) and despite sliding and falling on the gravel road at the beginning of the third loop (gonna have a bruised left side tomorrow) I felt great! Really happy with the ride today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment