Sunday, May 13, 2018

Race Report: Zoom through the Zoo 5k

No automatic alt text available.

So, general thoughts: this was a fun event! I'd never done this race before but it got added to the Corporate Shield race series this year, so I decided to try it out. It seemed well done, though it was expensive ($25) for a 5k. It was family-friendly, nice swag, good refreshments and support. They did run out of water at the end of the race, though, which is never a good thing. But overall, I think it's a well-done race and I'll do it again, especially if it's a CS race. However, it is NOT a race for a PR - the course is twisty, turny, and has a lovely little climb in the last half mile of the race that is super tough. Still, a fun course. 

Side note: it's not just my perception... the winner of the race was just under 18 minutes, and I know he's usually closer to 16 minutes on a 5k. 

Anyway, the race itself was pretty uneventful - not much but winding around the park and then climbing through the zoo at the end. I didn't even look around to see any of the animals as I ran by! I didn't consider this a PR effort, but was pretty pleased by the result. 


We had a great turnout from the company team, too... almost 50 people registered! Not sure how many actually did the race, but we almost never have that many register, so that was exciting. 
Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment