Saturday, July 29, 2017

New Plan!

After some discussion and deliberation, I decided on my fall marathon last night.
Image may contain: text
Formerly known as the Thunder Road Marathon (I'm sad it's not called that anymore)
I chose this one because it fit best in the family's schedule and it's convenient to do one in Charlotte for the short drive and free place to stay (thanks, Mom & Dad!). Right now the plan is for me to just head up to Charlotte after work on Friday afternoon, stay with my folks, race Saturday, then head home Saturday afternoon. Easy peasy. 

I would have loved to do the Soldier Marathon since I have several friends doing it, but that weekend is also Upstate SORBA's Cranksgiving Weekend event so Scott wants/needs to be here and available to volunteer. I'd also thought of trying to mark off a new state, but being limited on vacation days and not wanting to drive forever is now becoming an issue since I've done most of the nearby states. 

So Charlotte it is. 

I'm going to follow one of Hal Higdon's Intermediate marathon training plans, but I haven't decided on Intermediate 1 or 2. Either one is 18 weeks which puts me currently going into Week 4, so YAY I'm not behind yet. 

Here we go! 🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment