Monday, July 17, 2017

Change of Plans.

So. I've had to make a decision. I'm not going to run the FATS 50k this fall.

Bummer, dude.
There are several reasons.

Primary reason is that we've had a conflict come up and I now have a family reunion scheduled on Saturday, September 30th in Woodleaf, NC (2.5 hrs drive to the north). Race day is Sunday, October 1st in North Augusta, SC (2.5 hrs drive to the south). That's 5 hours between the two. I was already concerned about the drive on race morning, so was considering staying overnight the night before to avoid a long early morning drive. Yes, I could still do it. Yes, I could skip the reunion. Neither of which I want to do.

But there's more. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already considering bailing on this race. My affinity for the trails has waned as the weather is getting warmer. I looooove the trails in the fall and winter. In the summer, I kinda want to just go pound the pavement early in the morning as the sun rises and be done with it. Not to mention the logistics of getting to the trails in order to train vs. just leaving my house and running. And the fact that I'm 1/3 of the way through my training plan and have yet to set foot off-road? Eh. Yeah.

Again, could I do it? Yep.
Do I want to? Not really.

So there's that.

I'm now in the market for a fall marathon and will see what comes of that. I'm going to continue with the training plan for lack of anything better to do and will adjust whenever I determine a target race (I'm open to suggestions).

No comments:

Post a Comment