Thursday, May 25, 2017

Ultra Planning

Halfway through "recovery" and eager to get into a training schedule (clearly I'm bored!).

I've read through a bunch of different training plans and I think I've landed on one that seems manageable and adaptable to my training style (flexible!).

The plan comes from the Santa Clara Runners of California and UltraLadies.com

Hoooo boy. 50+ mi/wk will be new territory.
It's a 13 week schedule (I'd planned for 16, so that gives me a few weeks of base-building) and the key features are:

  • 2 back-to-back weekend long runs
  • mid-week semi-long run
  • Monday/Friday rest days
It's not going to be easy to keep up with these, especially the mid-week long run. I'm already planning some edits... obviously the mid-week long run will be on Tuesday (#10kTuesday goes Imperial!), and I'm thinking the Sunday long run will be time-based, not mileage-based. Another plan I looked at had a similar structure, and Sunday was always a one-hour medium effort run. I think I like this idea, being able to run by time and just get whatever mileage feels good that day at a moderate pace, especially in the heat of the summer.

So, tentatively edited schedule...

Aww. Yesss.
I CAN'T WAIT TO START THIS TRAINING. 😆💃🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment