Monday, May 15, 2017

Cradle to Grave 30k Training - Race Week!

Weekly Recap:
Most things are captured in the race report, but the week overall was hectic. Scott was out of the country for work travel, and I had tons of stuff going on between work and preparing for D's birthday party this weekend, so it was a bit crazy. Nevertheless, got done what needed to get done!

Steps:
The streak is still strong!
Monday
Planned: strength + 1mi
Did: elliptical warm up + weights
I had a late start and shortened workout time today, but I made the most of it and felt great. Started out with half mile warm-up on the elliptical.
Per my intentions from last week, I upped weights on everything, therefore made this a "crazy Eights" workout and did 8 reps of everything. Also super-setted with core work for a total of 80 reps to keep with the "eights" theme. I'm a dork.

bench press (70lb)
tri cable pulldown (45lb)
side-step resistance band
-----{20x med ball toe touch, heels 2 heaven, med ball mason twist}----
squat (80lb)
pull-ups (20lb assist)
tri dips (20lb assist)
-----{20x Core SS}-----
rotator cuff (2x 6lb dumbbells)
side arm raise (2x 6lb dumbbells)
upright row (50lb)
deadlift (1x 45lb dumbbell)
-----{20x Core SS}-----
curls (2x 18lb dumbbells)
calf press (70lb)
-----{20x Core SS}-----


Tuesday
Planned: #10kTuesday
Did: 6.23 mi @ 8:47/mi
With a busy day at work and Scott out of town, the #10kTuesday had to be done outside of working hours, so I took the opportunity to join back up with the Pint & Pie Tuesday Night run crew at Sidewall Pizza. D and I got rolling just before 5:30 to do 3.2mi on our own before meeting up with the group for the last 3. We did an out-and-back on the north side of the Swamp Rabbit trail (did it twice, since it turned out that was the planned group run route too!), which unfortunately is about 60-70% unshaded. It was HOT and there was a stiff breeze that made the stroller into what felt like a parasailing apparatus. I figured it was just the temperature, time of day, and wind that was making me feel like I was working really hard. Then I looked at my splits.

Oh, well then.
No wonder it felt like I was working hard! Pretty pleased with that, though didn't feel awesome at the end. Too much heat and by then I was hungry. We joined the Pint & Pie group for pizza and beer after the run, and that made everything better.

Pizzaaaaa!
Wednesday
Planned: bike ride
Did: 14.5 mi @ 15.4 mph
Nice solo ride today, though it was quite warm and a bit breezy. Felt a little tired and didn't push the pace, but managed a good speed throughout.


Thursday
Planned: nothing
Did: nothing


Friday
Planned: yoga
Did: nothing
Realizing just how early I'm going to have to wake up to get to the race tomorrow morning. Extremely limited parking opens at 6:30 a.m. and it's a 1.5 hour drive to get there. UGH.


Saturday - Race Day!
Planned: Cradle to Grave 30k
Did: Cradle to Grave 30k


Sunday
Planned: rest
Did: not exactly rest, but no intentional exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment