Monday, May 22, 2017

Recovery/Bridge week (1 of 4)

Nothing much going on until I start my 18-week training for FATS 50k. So I'm just calling the next 4 weeks recovery/bridge. No real goals, just maintenance. And I'm still not 100% sold on FATS, but figure I should go ahead and start training so I'm not behind once I make a decision!

Also, I finally (unfortunately) broke my 10,000 step streak this weekend. Just too much going on (D ended up in the ER again on Friday night) and it was time to stop the insanity of dancing around in the bedroom before getting in bed because I *HAD* to get my steps.


Monday
Planned: strength training
Did: strength training
A good lifting session today. I didn't do any warm-up, just jumped right into lifting. Went up on some reps, but kept the same weights that I've been doing (I think).

3x8
Pull-ups (20lb assist)
Tri Dips (20lb assist)
Squat (80lb)

3x8 Bench press (70lb)
20x side-step w/ resistance band

3x10
Tri cable pull-down (45lb)
Deadlift (45lb)

3x
70lb calf press x 10
18lb dumbbells curl x10
18lb dumbbells Overhead press x8

3x10
50lb seated row
40lb hamstring curl
40lb quat extension

3x10
6lb dumbbells side arm lift
6lb dumbbells rotator cuff

3x25 core with 16lb med ball:
- toe touch
- heels 2 heaven
- mason twist

Also, I have to share this... I've been pretty consistent in my strength training and have finally gotten into a good groove. I'm really really pleased with the visual results I'm getting, and generally feeling very strong and fit!

#gymselfie
Tuesday
Planned: #10kTuesday
Did: 6.23 mi @ 9:16/mi
Done and done. Did some off-road running (about 50/50) for this one and felt good. Was pretty warm though.

Wednesday
Planned: bike ride
Did: 14.4 mi @ 14.4 mph
Megan and I rode the Sherman College loop today. It was warm, but felt very nice since it wasn't overly ridiculous humidity. Great ride!


Thursday
Planned: run
Did: 3.61 mi @ 8:19/mi #speedworkThursday
I was so so so close to bailing on today's run, but as always, I'm glad I did it after all. I was going to go out for an easy 3 since time was running short, but realized after changing into shorts and tank top that I'd left my Garmin at my desk. UGH. So I went for some intervals on the treadmill. It's been a while since I've done speedwork, and I actually felt really good! Did 6x quarter-mile intervals at 5k (7:00/mi) pace.

Friday
Planned: yoga
Did: rest
Leaving for a weekend camping trip right after work, so just needed to focus and have less extraneous stuff in my car, so I left the gym bag at home. Looking forward to a weekend unplugged. Will take Took a ~20min walk during lunch break, so at least I won't be sitting ALL day.

Saturday - camping trip
Planned: mountain bike ride 
Did: 7.95 mi @ 9.4 mph
It was a bit of a rough night on Friday night (ER visit with little man for breathing trouble) so we didn't get to spend all day riding on Saturday. Both Scott and I had time for a quick ride before we left, which was nice, but boy I was exhausted from getting 2 non-consecutive hours of sleep.

Sunday - return home from camping
Planned: nothing?
Did: nothing

Rainy day and recovering sick toddler = day in the house. That's the nice thing about not being in training yet... no obligation to do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment