Saturday, March 11, 2023

Boston Marathon #127 Training (Week 9 of 16)

Oh dear, I forgot to blog last week... writing this all fresh from my brain on uhhhh Friday/Saturday of the following week. Whoops. I did switch my working schedule around a bit so now I'm WFH Mondays & Wednesdays, in office Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I've found Fridays are muuuuch nicer in the office (nobody's there!) vs. Mondays (which are always very Monday-ish and I never seem ready for them when they come around).

Monday
Planned:off/XT
Did: 1.84 mi @ 10:40/mi + 30 min strength
Workout coach

"Congrats you sat around A LOT today..."

Tuesday
Planned: 400m reps
Did: 6.28mi @ 8:20/mi avg w 7x400m
Track Tuesday at Furman! Struggled a little today, but got all 1:35-1:37 except the last one at 1:32!

Wednesday
Planned: 10 easy
Did: 10.14 mi @ 9:37/mi
Got this done after dropping D off at school and it was a lovely sunny morning!

Thursday
Planned: hills
Did: Altamont run
Back on the mountain for the first time in a while! Hard climb as always, of course, but man it felt good to climb and it seemed like the legs (not the lungs) were the limiting factor.

Friday
Planned: off/XT
Did: easy 1.65 mi
Just an easy loop around the neighborhood before heading into the office for the day. 

Saturday
Planned: 20 miles
Did: 20.02 mi @ 9:15/mi avg
Headed out to the Lake House for the weekend due to Scott's traveling and me needing to run for about 3 hours. This meant I had to run on much hillier terrain than the usual long runs on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, but it was a great challenge and good to change the scenery for a bit.
I headed out from the house once the sun was sufficiently up and made my way down Lake Road towards the dam. Ended up being about 7 miles to Dam Road, and 8 miles down to the hydroelectric station. I turned around there and continued the other direction down Dam Rd. Found my way around a few more miles before turning back and heading on the return down Lake Road. 
Overall felt great and sped up pretty significantly on the final few miles. 
Dam.

Creek

Pollen!

huge dead catfish


Sunday
Planned: 10 mi goal pace
Did: 4.5 mi easy + hot yoga
Just didn't have the time or energy for the 10 mile race pace run today. Took it easy with a few miles around the Swamp Rabbit before yoga.


No comments:

Post a Comment