Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Race Report: Ville-to-Ville Relay

Had another fun year with Team Quest (R.I.P. - Quest Brewing sadly closed its doors this year) at the Ville-to-Ville Relay on Saturday!

This is my 5th year running this event, and 4th year as part of this team. Always a great time. The craziest part of this year is that it SNOWED at the start and for about the first half of the race! Beautiful flurries the entire time we were running, until we crossed the state line from NC to SC. Just wild to have snow and freezing temps in April, and then it was beautiful and sunny by the time we finished!

Team at the start line

6:00am Start gets going!

Snow! ❆

Once again, I ran legs 2 (The Hillman) and 8.

Leg #2: 5.95 mi @ 8:51/mi avg
This leg climbs about 500 ft in Mile 2, then rolls downhill for the next 4 miles. It's a steeper climb than Altamont, and I hadn't been training hills as much as I would have liked. I could definitely tell - this was tough!
Nice little hill there.


I was so happy to get my sunglasses at the end of this leg though! Best part - they're PURPLE! 

💜

We had our usual transition location at Southern Appalachian Brewing where I enjoyed a breakfast burrito and porter at about 9:00am.
Breakfast of champions!

Leg #8: 6.21 mi @ 8:07/mi
This leg was allllll downhill, from the state line down the 1000+ft. Saluda grade, ending at the bottom. Last year I set a 10k PR on this leg, but this year I decided to just cruise down and not kill my quads. This was a good decision and made the leg pretty enjoyable! 
Down, down, down


Tiny snowflake on Scott's jacket

Made it to Swamp Rabbit Brewing!

We eventually made it all the way to the finish line and enjoyed the celebration and the sunshine there. We're already signed up for next year with a slight name change: Team Quest in Peace. 🙏😊

Slight challenge... next year's Ville to Ville is Saturday, April 15th... and Boston Marathon is Monday, April 17th.... hmmmmmmmm gonna have to figure that one out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment