Sunday, April 11, 2021

Spartan Sprint Training - Week 11/11

Monday
Did: RF Day 15
I don't remember what this workout was. But it's all I did that day. 🤷

Tuesday
Did: 6.3 mi Track Tuesday + RF Day 16
Finally back at the track for an early workout! Only got 4x800 due to some, erm, bathroom stops. But not bad for the first time in a month!
Crescent Moon over Paris Mtn

Got the RF workout done when I got home... again, I don't recall what it was.

Wednesday
Did: 60 min Soul Sculpt w/ Brionna + RF Day 17 + Sunset at Sassafras Mtn (4.
Ok so maybe I overdid it today. 😳 But man it was such a great day! I got in an on-demand sculpt class plus the RF workout for the day. 
Weighted fire hydrants. Oof.

Had an evening to myself and was feeling like an adventure, so I decided to run to the peak of Sassafras Mountain (highest peak in South Carolina) to watch the sunset. Fun, right?? The route was a little over 2 miles via trail to get to the top and about 1400ft to climb. I gave myself an hour to get to the top which was more than enough - only problem is that then I had to wait for sunset and I got a little chilly! 
FHT A3 - Chimneytop Gap

Evening sun through the trees

Trail was so nice!

Peaks in the distance

Vines and stairs

Nice views along the way up

So happy to be in the woods!

Trail along the ridge


Final approach to the top

Arrived at the top!

I explored and took photos for a bit, looked around at the top of the observation tower, then took my place on a bit of bald rock with a great view.






I had about 30 minutes to enjoy the gradual descent of the sun into the horizon over the ridge in the distance. I took way too many pictures, but ended up with this really pretty progression. 

😍

After the sky turned into the soft pinkish-orange, I started my journey back to the car as the trails disappeared into darkness around me. Not gonna lie, got a little anxious in the dark by myself, but I had my trusty pepper spray in hand and a headlamp on my head. I made quick work of the return trip (just under 30 minutes!) and was on my way home before 9pm.


Last light over the ridge

I'm so glad I decided to run this and hope to do it again soon!

Thursday
Did: RF Day 18
Well, the feeling of excitement and strength from Wednesday quickly dissolved as I came down with a stomach bug overnight. 🤮 By the evening I mustered enough strength to half-ass my way through the daily workout (it was thankfully one of the easier ones anyway) and slept for 9.5 hours after napping on the couch all day. 

Friday
Did: RF Day 19 + 60 min Flow & Deep Stretch w/ Jasmine
Feeling more normal and stronger today, I got in the RF workout and a nice yoga session. 

Saturday
Did: 6.2 mi @ 7:57/mi + RF Day 19
An early run in a new place! Headed to the doodle trail and did a quick out-and-back as the sun rose. Apparently I'm back to full strength based on the pace of that run... ! 😮
Got the workout done later in the morning - this was the 100 clapping pushups workout but decided to do no-clap real pushups. That was tough!

Sunday
Did: Charlotte Spartan Sprint!

Event Report here 


Definitely a lot of highs and lows for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment