Thursday, January 21, 2021

The one with a camping trip

First off, I started a public Instagram account to focus on my running/hiking/biking/fitness posts. I always hesitate posting on my private page bc I don't want it to be overtaken by fitness stuff, plus I want a place where I can post things and tag other companies or brands and they'll actually see it! I like sharing what I do, and I want the brands I enjoy to know it. :) 
Follow me if you're interested (all 3 of you that read this) @run_trek_savasana

Monday
Did: 45 min Soul Sculpt w/ Brionna
I had limited time and it didn't work out well with the available live class schedule today, so I did most of a recorded sculpt class. It was a good one! Wish I'd had time for more but wanted to be done with it early so it is what it is, and it wasn't nothing. So there.

Tuesday
Did: 7.11 mi @ 8:23/mi

Early mornings at the track = best way to start the day, even when I reeeeeally don't love the 4:30am alarm and going out when I'm cold. But knowing my track buddies are waiting for me gets me out the door. Felt good with 5x1k at decent splits close to 7:00/mi each time. And the feeling of getting 7+ miles before sunrise = yessssss!

Wednesday
Did: 60 min Soul Sculpt w/ Katie
Got in a solid lunchtime sculpt class, lots of shoulders - those are gonna feel it tomorrow!
All. The. Things.

Thursday
Did: 4.26 mi @ 8:09/mi avg
Got frustrated with stuff at work, so headed out the door for a mid-morning run. Didn't make work any better but at least I got a few miles knocked out at a pretty good pace!! The sunshine was nice too. 

Friday
Did: 30 mins core/plyo mix
Was running short on time but wanted to get in something. Did a mix of core, weights, plyo for 30 mins and felt pretty good about that.

Then it was heading down to Poinsett State Park for the weekend for camping and a run/hike/bike-filled time in the woods!

Saturday
Did: 3 mi mountain bike ride + untracked hiking ~2ish miles
First full day of camping included a group bike ride with D as the ride leader - we got in 3 miles within an hour and he kept saying he was having so much fun! 😍
Game face.

We did a short nature walk/hike later in the day, but it was casual and not Strava/Garmin-worthy. Still a nice afternoon in the woods. 

Sunday
Did: 5.6 mi trail run, 3.3 mi hike, 4.6 mi mountain bike ride
YESSSSS all the things! Got to do all of my favorite activities in the woods today. Started out with a solo trail run, then a group hike where D and I split off on our own midway through, and then ended with a little solo bike ride just before sunset. What a great day!
Solo morning run

Spanish Moss!

Trail buddy

Signs, signs, everywhere signs

Contemplating the creek

Steed in the moss

More excellent signage

Monday
Did: 2.5 mi hike w/ group 
I'm including Monday in this week's report since it was part of the holiday weekend camping trip. We packed up camp and took a short hike before departing. It was a lovely morning and a perfect way to wrap up the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment