Monday, January 25, 2021

All the things.

Ended last week's blog on Monday so this one will start off on Tuesday... 

Tuesday
Did: 7.24 mi @ 8:12/mi avg
Track Tuesday returns with probably one of the longest total mileages I've done in a while - hooray! That's one gauge I use to determine whether I'm overall getting faster or not = how much mileage I can squeeze into our normal track hour. 
I did 3x1 mile repeats and felt pretty darn good about them!
7:10, 7:10, 7:07

Wednesday
Did: 2.11 mi @ 8:18/mi avg + 60 min Power Flow
Just had to take a couple of miles through the neighborhood before a crazy day of meetings (and it's a good thing I did - things got crazier) plus had an hour of yoga during lunchtime. Gotta manage the stress somehow.


Thursday
Did: 5.6 mi Altamont run
Yep, after yesterday I needed to climb that mountain. Met with Matt and a few others to do the grueling ~900ft climb up and back down, and it was just the right way to start the day. Plus it's so peaceful in the morning!


Friday
Did: 60 min power flow w/ Jessica
Good Friday session - very necessary to at least take an hour and NOT answer emails. 

Saturday
Did: 9.03 mi mountain biking
Got to go mountain biking with a fun group! A rare treat and beautiful morning in the woods. 

Sunday
Did: 60 min playground fitness
In starting to prepare for the Spartan race(s) I signed up for (first one is a Sprint in April), I decided to combine a workout at the playground (monkey bars, cargo net, etc) with some running and other strength (burpees, pushups, etc). It was pretty tough, and I can tell one of the hardest things is going to be conditioning my hands/palms to grip bars for extensive periods of time. 


Missing a long run this week, but felt good about the miles I got in. There's never enough time to do ALL THE THINGS that I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment