Friday, June 12, 2020

Week 13

Uhhhh it's Friday and I'm just starting this, so there's that. I'm gonna post this pre-weekend since we're going camping (!!) and I'll probably-maybe just lump that all into one post. 

I'm not going to even bother with the daily stuff because I'm not training for anything and it's too much repetitiveness to catch up on. I ran once, walked a lot, and did yoga every day. There we go.

Walking Conference Calls

I started PT on Tuesday for my hip flexor, and she (ECal, friend and physical therapist) says it's either the iliopsoas or an upper quad muscle issue, but either way the fix is the same - retraining some of my running form, strengthening some of the weaker muscles around it, and stimulating the part that's hurting to encourage bloodflow & self-repair (i.e. trigger point massage and/or dry needling). So I'm going back twice next week to check progress and get more suggestions. Whee!

I did one of those time lapse videos for my sculpt class yesterday... I only captured half of it but it's kind of fun! Need to find a better angle though so it doesn't cut off my upper body and head the whole time. 


I got a Strava account. Still don't really know what to do with it, but there it is. 

And lastly, I've signed up for the Great American 5000 - a virtual team relay run across America! I'm part of the Pink Elephants on Parade relay team, organized by running bestie. Follow our Instagram to see our progress! Race starts this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment