Monday, June 8, 2020

Week 12

Hip flexor feels pretty good after a weekend of no long runs (😭) so hopefully by 10k Tuesday it'll be good to go. We shall see.

Monday
Did: Power Flow w/ Cesar + 2 mi evening walk
First class streaming from the yoga studio and it was pretty good! I really liked this flow from Cesar, especially him walking us through a new challenging pose - baby grasshopper. I also got a few pics throughout class, just for funsies. 

Child's pose to start... not exactly a quiet practice environment. 
But it's what I have, and I make it work.

Crow pose
bakasana

Baby Grasshopper!!

Namaste with my little yogi buddy.

Went for a walk after dinner. 

Tuesday
Did: 6.34 mi @ 11:21/mi + Power Flow w/ Karina
Dangitttttt the hip flexor started hurting about 2 miles in. I walked the uphills. Then I walked the last mile. UGH. Physical Therapist has been contacted...
Afternoon Power Flow w/ Karina was good. I took it easy on the spider crunches (knee to elbow in plank position) because they always make my hip flexor pop. 😬

Wednesday
Did: 60 min Soul Sculpt w/ Katie + 2.3 mi walk
Whewwww another good sculpt class! I'm starting to really like these. I guess now that I know what to expect it's easier to push through. I might have to get Spotify just so I can hear the playlists, though, because it's challenging to do these classes with zero music. 
Hoping to get out for a walk later... we'll see...
Yep, got out for a couple miles just before dinner. It was warm! I think summer has arrived.

Thursday
Did: 60 min Power Flow w/ Karina + 4.5 mi walk
Early morning yoga on the back porch was nice, same routine as Tuesday's (I cannot do Firefly pose at all). Overall a good challenge though and nice to do outside.

Firefly Pose This is Firefly pose... um, wut?

Went for a mid-morning walk and took a team video call while I was walking. Everyone was all "omg are you running???" Um, no... just walking. 

Friday
Did: 60 min Power Flow w/ Jasmine + 3.4 mi evening walk
It's Monday now and I don't remember anything about this. But I did it.

Saturday
Did: 5.8 mi mostly run @ 11:14/mi avg + 60 min Power Flow w/ Marsha
I felt so hopeful on this one - my hip flexor hadn't hurt all week during my walks, so I tried out a run. Felt great for the first ~2 miles then nope. Ended up walking the last bit. It's not so much that I can't run through the pain, but it's enough that I know I shouldn't. We'll see what PT says next week (I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon). 
Rounded out the morning with a good power flow on the back porch w/ Marsha. 

Sunday
Did: 3.4 mi bike ride w/ D + Soul Sculpt w/ Katie
Took a short ride with D on the Swamp Rabbit trail (couldn't convince him to go more than 3 miles) then did Sculpt at noon. Really starting to like these and, surprise surprise, I'm getting better at lunges! I always thought I just "couldn't" do them because of knee issues related to running, but I think I'm just weak. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment