Monday, September 23, 2019

Cloudland Canyon 50k Training (Week 7 of 14)

Another week that will be challenging due to travel. I'm at a conference Wed-Fri, then visiting family in Florida Fri-Sun.

Monday
Planned: rest
Did: rest
No question about this one.

Tuesday
Planned: 8mi
Did: 8.15 mi @ 7:44/mi avg
Well then... I did not expect to hit this mileage today, but when I was over 4 miles by the 30 minute mark, I felt like YES let's do this. Tunes were pushing me along, just felt great. Did all speeds at 6:40/mi with the last couple of 400s at slightly faster (6:15-ish).
1600, 1600, 1200, 1200, 800, 800, 400, 400, 400.
BOOM.

Wednesday
Planned: maybe early run?
Did: 3.09 mi @ 8:57/mi
This was purely a "something is better than nothing" run. I seriously debated just sleeping through this one since I was up later than I'd wanted to be packing for my trip (work conference Wed-Fri, then visiting family in Florida Fri-Sun), but I decided the extra ~30-45 min of sleep wouldn't make any difference in the long run. Only had time for 3 miles around the neighborhood, but I found it very peaceful to run in the dark today.

Thursday
Planned: afternoon run
Did: 4.58 mi @ 8:02/mi avg
Actually got out after the conference ended for a run between pop-up thunderstorms. It was warm, but a nice run. One part was on a boardwalk through the mangroves which was a fun little adventure, but the rest was on a long, flat, straight road with minimal shade - whew! Glad I got this one in, though.
Into the mangroves

Sunny Florida!

Friday
Planned: rest
Did: that.
End of conference > Driving 2+ hours in a car > visiting family = broke my 10k Steps streak. We finally got to the hotel around 9pm, and my Fitbit was 100% dead... so I would have had to charge it then go walk on the hotel treadmill to get another ~4000 steps and it just wasn't happening. Oh well, now the obsession can end for now!

Saturday
Planned: run a.m.
Did: 10.08 mi @ 8:33/mi avg
This run 1) was longer than I'd planned and 2) was faster than I'd planned. I ran from our hotel to Scott's cousin's house, then from there he and I ran over to the A1A for some more miles. I went a couple farther than he did there, too, then we all headed to the beach. It was hot and VERY windy, but overall felt good to get in some distance.

Sunday
Planned: probably nothing
Did: yep
Return travel all day

No comments:

Post a Comment