Sunday, September 8, 2019

Cloudland Canyon 50k Training (Week 5 of 14)

Ok so basically no goals this week - on vacation in Ireland with my family so only planning to do 10kTuesday, then a long run when I'm back home on Sunday. Other than that, looooots of walking! Usually 20,000+ steps each day.

Tuesday
Did: 6.24 mi @ 9:21/mi
Did my run through castle ruins at Castle Dargan in Sligo, Ireland. This was super cool! The photos really don't do it justice and it was much more impressive than I had anticipated based on other photos. I expected nothing more than a wall and a pile of rocks, but the two remaining corners of the castle were pretty neat.
 
 
 

That same day, we also went on a 24-mile bike ride around Lough (Lake) Gill, which was beautiful! As usual, photos just don't do it justice.

Sunday
Did: 12.01 mi trail run 
Got back into town Saturday night and, still being somewhat on European time, woke easily before 7am and headed out to Pleasant Ridge for a long trail run. Did two loops (clockwise) starting from the "top" parking lot, and included the shorter new loop trail on the second time around to get distance just up to 12 miles which was my goal. I was faster than I thought I'd be, and climbed a little over 1000 ft which seemed good to me. I guess that says something for being well-rested! 
Ah, my good friend, Nicola the Trail Cat
(who always startles me every time I come around the corner).

Looking forward to getting back to a routine this week ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment