Monday, September 16, 2019

Cloudland Canyon 50k Training (Week 6 of 14)

Ok, back to normal...

Week 6 goals:
- 40 mpw (wait what?? umm...)
- 10 + 6 long run split

This will be interesting. I need to re-read my marathon training blog to figure out how the heck I fit in 40+ mpw. Yeesh!

Monday
Planned: strength
Did: strength, 40 mins
Cut it a little short today due to sore legs & back/shoulders from yesterday's long run, but glad to get back to strength training. I neeeeeeeed to maintain this for at least some PT and core strength to be able to support myself while running. I can tell a difference after missing a few weeks.

Tuesday
Planned: 10kTuesday + extra (target 8 mi total)
Did: 7.49 mi @ 8:41/mi avg
Got downtown early and ran a couple of miles by myself before meeting up with the early run group. My track buddies were a no-go for today so I stuck with a "regular run". Wanted to get 8 total but our group run ended up being a little shorter than I thought it would be. Still pretty happy with 7.5 miles before sunrise!

Wednesday
Planned: run 5-6 mi speedwork
Did: 6.7 mi @ 7:54 avg treadmill ladder
Did this workout first thing when I got to work - wasn't feeling it at the start but pushed through everything and felt great by the end. All intervals @ 6:35/mi pace for the ladder: 400/800/1200/1600/1200/800

Thursday
Planned: run trail 3-4 mi + stretch/strength
Did: rest
Realized if I ran today it would make 5 straight days of running so... yeah, need a rest day. My lower achilles are bugging me too (not too bad, just enough to notice) so it's time for a day off.

Friday
Planned: yoga + Moonshiner Night 5K
Did: nothing
Well... the lightning and rain cancelled the race at the last minute, which was understandable but still disappointing. I then danced around the house all evening to get my 10k steps for the day.

Saturday
Planned: 10 mi trail or 6 mi run
Did: 10.11 mi stroller run @ 9:19/mi avg
First stroller run in a long time - was nice to get out with D and enjoy the Swamp Rabbit trail. It was a hard run and rained (sprinkled) part of the time, but otherwise we had a good time.
Saw this critter off the side of the trail - just munching leaves, ignoring us completely!

Sunday
Planned: whichever I didn't do Saturday
Did: 10.06 mi trail run + 6.77 mi mountain biking
Ahh, Sundays at DuPont. Trail run was good - tough after yesterday's 10-miler, but was nice to be in the woods by myself. Followed with a short ride with some friends. A good Sunday, indeed.
Early morning fog at Guion Farms

Sunlight through the trees at the top of Hickory Mtn Loop

Rocky Ridge > Ridgeline. There, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment