Sunday, June 2, 2019

Trails and trails

Tuesday
Did: 6.63 mi @ 8:16/mi
Ran with the early group this morning. It was warm and humid, and I ended up running with the faster of the group. We also ran for longer than the others, which included some challenging hills toward the back half of the run. Nothing crazy but I definitely felt it and it was a push to keep up. Woof. Had a couple of sub-8 miles in the middle of the run, which I also ended up feeling at the end. But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? Right.

Wednesday
Did: 30 min strength
Short lift today but got a good amount done in the short time. Started with the core routine then did a good bit of upper body plus some glute/strength moves to keep the running muscles in good form. Going to be adding significant mileage over the summer & fall so have to keep things strong!

Thursday
Did: rest
Kept meaning to run, putting it off, eventually realized it just wasn't happening. Decided to run early Friday instead.

Friday
Did: 5.02 mi @ 8:17/mi
Always a good way to kick off the (almost) weekend with the Friday Five with the early downtown group. We had a pretty large group but I ended up out front with a couple of folks. Hit a couple of 8-min miles in the middle again which is always nice to do. Feeling good!

Saturday
Did: 6.1 mi trail run + 7.2 mi mountain bike ride
Spent the afternoon on the trails at Pleasant Ridge for National Trails Day. Upstate SORBA ladies ride was planned for the afternoon, so I got up there early to run a loop on the JFA trail before the ride meet-up. Felt so nice! Actually managed negative splits (?!) for the run... still no miles below 10:00/mi but hey, that's how trails go. So hard to mentally adjust, though!
Finished up the run and headed down to the other parking lot to meet the group.
Pre-ride photo

Also had time to eat my sandwich before we started riding. Woot! We rode a casual pace and included the two newest sections of trail - super fun! A couple ladies went out for a second loop but I headed home since we had dinner plans with friends.
Post-ride
Sunday
Did: 2.65 mi run/walk
I know better. I KNOW BETTER. But darn if I didn't over-indulge at dinner Saturday night and totally ruin my Sunday. Ugh. I went out for a run but made it 1 mile before I felt too dizzy to attempt to keep going, and even walking felt terrible. So I went home and slept for 2 hours. Still felt crummy through the afternoon. I'm mostly mad at myself because it would have been a lovely morning for a long run (which was my plan). But nope, I had to have too much fun and totally make my Sunday blah.


Let's see if next week will be better...

No comments:

Post a Comment