Monday, April 8, 2019

Ville-to-Ville Training (1 week to go)

Week beginning thoughts: Oh please, please let this be a "normal" week.

Monday
Did: strength
I honestly did NOT have the time to take for this workout, but I did it anyway. It was a little half-hearted because my mind was elsewhere, but got it done. Discovered my quads are sore from my hill run yesterday (eek). Also did a new 7-minute core routine from Runner's World... we'll see what's sore tomorrow.

Tuesday
Did: 6.27 mi @ 9:02/mi avg w/ 6x hill repeats
First off: yes, my abs, back, obliques are all SORE.
I'd wanted to get this run done earlier (working from home today) but was waiting for a phone call... then that phone call never happened... so I went out around lunchtime. Turned out to be beautifully sunny, cool, and breezy, so I'll take it. Decided to run in the neighborhood and incorporate the awful hill out the back of the neighborhood into some hill repeats. I probably should have done like 8, but had already talked myself up from 5 to 6 repeats, so I felt good with that.
Spiky little hills
Each hill repeat was about 50ft elevation gain over ~0.15 mi and I kept each one around 1:10-1:15 (got one in 1:09!). Felt like a nice hard effort, and as can be seen, the rest of my run wasn't exactly flat either.

Wednesday
Did: 7.0 mi mountain bike
Work lunch bike ride! Ahh yes now that the weather is getting nicer, I *NEED* to get out during the day. This was a great ride, joined by a colleague & Scott, a nice hour spin through the woods. Felt good on the climbs and thankfully the crazy leg soreness from yesterday seems to be subsiding.

Thursday
Did: 4.06 mi @ 7:48/mi
When you're pissed off at work and go rage running...


At least it was a lovely sunny day!

Friday
Did: rest

Saturday
Did: 7.09 mi @ 9:58/mi
Run with friends! D and I parked in TR and ran a warm-up mile before meeting with Megan & Baby A to run down to Furman where we met up with Dale & Robin then headed back up to TR. Enjoyed a nice coffee shop hang-out after the run which was just such a nice way to start Saturday!

Sunday
Did: 8.87 @ 9:14/mi avg
Altamont run to start off the day! Was a nice foggy morning, took things slower than last time, but felt pretty good and didn't have to stop to walk. ~23 min on the ascent, 18 min on the descent.
Comin' for ya

Windy roads

Made it!

Foggy

No comments:

Post a Comment