Monday, March 4, 2019

ATL Publix Marathon Training (2 Weeks til Race Week)

Week beginning thoughts: Focus this week is not marathon training, but the USATF Indoor Masters Championships this weekend!

Monday
Did: strength
Good lift today, been a while since I started off the week with strength training. Also did a good bit of stretching to help with the slight bit of soreness from yesterday's long run.

Tuesday
Did: 6.78mi @ 7:51/mi avg
Met up with Matt for some early morning track work. I had no semblance of a plan for what I was actually going to do once we got to the track, but I settled on 200s, 400s, and 800s in repetition. I also attempted (successfully!) to clear the hurdles a few times in preparation for my pentathlon this weekend. 😳 All I can say is, I hope the hurdles are the SHORT ones because the tall ones are taller than my hip and I did not attempt to clear those. Face, meet track. Yep, that would totally happen.
Anyway... here's now it worked out this morning...

200/400/800 round 1: 44.3, 1:37.8, 3:32 (somehow my "avg pace" on Garmin doesn't match what these times would predict my pace to be, even though the distance measurement seems accurate... hmmm).

200/400/800 round 2: 42.7, 1:32.7, 3:24 (yay, a little faster!)

200/400 round 3: 42.9, 1:41.4 (yeah I phoned that last 400 in)

Felt good, not as fast as I hoped I'd be, but I guess for the chilly morning it's good I didn't push to the limit. I could feel some muscle soreness from yesterday's lifting, and I've not been stretching like I should.

Wednesday
Did: 4.0 mi easy - 8:39/mi avg
Just a few treadmill miles to keep the legs used to training volume. Didn't have time for much more but did stretch after for a bit. Rest day tomorrow then it's TRACK MEET WEEKEND!!

Thursday
Rest as planned

Friday-Sunday
USATF Indoor Masters National Championships


31.35 miles total for the week. Taperrrrrr timeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment