Friday, February 8, 2019

I signed up for a thing...

March 1-3, 2019
Sooooo yeah... about a week ago, I got a message from my runner bestie from Atlanta asking if I wanted to compete on the Atlanta Track Club team for the USA Track & Field Masters Indoor Championships. Obviously (after checking with all affected familial parties) I said yes! 😁

There was a bit of a complicated period of joining the ATC, joining USATF in South Carolina, transferring my association from SC to GA, and then listing my affiliation with the ATC team for competition... not to mention registering for events before the deadline of TODAY (2/8) and faxing (yes FAXING) a copy of my passport to the USATF National Office as proof of age. But it's all done and I am totally signed up!

I registered (or plan to run - relays are only on-site sign-up) for a total of  9 different events:

Friday
Pentathlon (60m hurdles, high jump, shot put, long jump, and 800m run)
400m
3000m

Saturday
60m
1 Mile
4x800m relay
4x200m relay

Sunday
800m
4x400m relay

Have I ever done most of these events ever in my life? Nope, not once! But I spoke to the ATC coach (oh yeah, she's an Olympian!) and she assured me that there's really no pressure to know what you're doing and several others will be first-timers with no experience. Whew!

I'm excited, a little nervous, but mostly just looking forward to doing something new and definitely something outside my comfort zone.

1 comment: