Monday, August 27, 2018

...

Week beginning thoughts: 
That's all I got.
Monday
Did: strength
File today's session under "ways to deal with stress".
 

Tuesday
Did: #10kTuesday at the track
Wheeeeee Track Tuesday with the run group! I almost thought this wouldn't happen because I woke up to a bunch of people saying they weren't going to join... thankfully a few still showed up, so we headed to the track and got some work done.
4x100 / 100
4x200 / 100
2x400 / 200
1x800 / 200
... then some more casual laps, then run back to the car.

4x100: 20s, 19s, 20s, 21s (consistency!)
4x200: 49s, 49s, 47s, 48s (more consistency!)
2x400: 1:43, 1:40 (tired!)
1x800: 3:38 (lol phoned it in)

So... I went out too fast on the short ones because zomg short! Paid for it on the longer intervals. But still... felt good and enjoyed the workout.

Wednesday
Did: 37 mins on the bike trainer
Did the same trainer workout I did last week, felt good to get it done. I need to google some good trainer routines so I don't get bored (which is easy on the trainer). Maybe once the weather cools and work calms down (hah) I'll get back to doing real bike rides. What a concept!

Thursday
Did: 5.18 mi @ 8:16/mi
Originally planned to do my pre-dawn run but a night of not-so-good sleep made the extra hour of rest this morning necessary. Also knowing that it wasn't going to be disgustingly hot made the idea of a lunchtime run less unappealing. Turned out to be a great idea to get out and get some sunshine, and I had a meeting leading up to lunch hour which meant I wasn't going to be stuck in the middle of something and accidentally work through lunch. YAY. Sunshine was good, cooler temps were amazing, and my pace showed it!! Great mood-boosting run.

Friday
Did: rest
We had a lunch "event" at work today to celebrate 1 year of "safe days" in the research labs. I don't even work in the labs anymore, but I won't turn down a free lunch! :P We did take a nice family walk in the evening after dinner because it's SO nice outside!

Saturday
Did: 10.56 mi @ 8:52/mi avg
Tonight is 'Freak Bike' i.e. biking from TR to downtown, enjoying dinner & beverages, then the adventurous ones bike back late at night. I'll be departing in the car with D after dinner, so I drove to downtown and dropped off a car for us, then ran home via the swamp rabbit trail. It was a gloriously fall-like morning (hello, low 60s!) and I enjoyed the long solo miles. It's move-in weekend at Furman, so I took a loop through campus to indulge in some nostalgia.
That blue sky, though. 😍

Freak Bike: 12.1 mi bike ride
We had a fun ride down the swamp rabbit - a pretty raucous and rowdy crew of ~2 dozen riders, ending at Compadre's downtown.

Sunday
Did: 12.1 mi mountain biking
Met up with some friends at Dupont for a nice easy ride. Enjoyed the "usual" loop and Scott pulled D in the trailer for some of it. D complained that it was "too bumpy" but once he got out on the gravel roads it was better. He enjoyed the waterfalls and even got to ride some on his own bike! A lovely morning in the woods on 2 wheels for all.

Week ending thoughts:
A week of consistent workouts = much better mood. Kind of getting the itch to train for something but also enjoying the freedom of just doing what I feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment