Tuesday, March 13, 2018

European #10kTuesday

[Written and back-dated after trip]

I was in Europe for a work trip from 3/10-3/17, and the only exercise I did (other than walking around from place to place and through airports) was, of course, #10kTuesday because HELLO it's not optional.

I was in Gent, Belgium for a few days, and started out the run on the hotel's solitary treadmill. The "gym" is really more of an awkward alcove in a hallway where they've stuck a treadmill, a stationary bike, and an elliptical. Despite how safe and comfortable the city is, I really didn't feel comfortable venturing out on my own in the dark early morning hours. Plus, it was cold (43F) and raining steadily.

So, awkward stuffy treadmill it was... and UGH it was terrible. I suffered through 8k until I saw the slightest bit of dawn outside the window.

Ugh.

/feelings
Walked out the door to the chilly rain and set off on a loop that I knew would be approximately the right distance for the remaining 2k of my run.

Ah, much better!

Het Belfort van Gent
And I earned a new #10kTuesday pin on the map!

#thesensationthatssweepingtheGLOBE
Definitely not a fast one for the record books but one for the memory books certainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment