Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Charlotte Marathon Training - Week 14 of 18

Bourbon Chase relay week!
Week Beginning thoughts: After last week's disappointing end, I'm doing my best to just look forward and make this a good week. It won't be a "typical" training week but should be a fun one with plenty of miles because I'm doing the Bourbon Chase Relay this weekend with a team of 12 friends!

Monday
Planned: strength
Did: strength
It's looking like I'm going to be running more miles than originally planned in this weekend's event, so I took it a little easier on the strength and focused on some added PT and stretching. Gotta keep everything in good working order!

Tuesday
Planned: #10kTuesday
Did: #10kTuesday speedwork edition = 6.2 mi @ 7:53/mi avg
With the iffy rain situation and darkness lasting until 7:30am, I opted for some indoor speedwork for today's #10kTuesday. Plus, I wanted more recovery time between speedwork and the upcoming relay. I did a ladder workout (love these) and decided to tick things up a notch. I varied the speed pace a bit for each segment, but all were under 6:30/mi pace! And I did a mile at 9.7 mph (6:11/mi)!! 😲


These were HARD but boy I got a thrill with each one that I completed. I manually lapped my Garmin for each of the splits, then had to manually calculate the pace based on distance. I walked part of Split #5 (hence the 11:12 pace) but all others were a jog.


Wednesday
Planned: 5 mi
Did: 5.15 mi @ 9:02/mi avg
It was soooo gross outside. Ran the loop through Upstate, so took on some hills, but didn't want to push too hard. Felt ok, but it was surprising to see the "TE" rating of 5.0 on my Garmin from this run... definitely shows how much the heat takes a toll!
To be fair, I get this TE a lot but not usually on such an average run. I just have a high active heartrate!


Thursday thru Sunday - Bourbon Chase Relay (separate, forthcoming entry)

No comments:

Post a Comment