Whoaaaaa we're halfway there... !!!
Week 7 plan/goals: Busy / Recovery
- Long run = 8 mi or rest/6mi with 1,000ft vert
September Midweek Plan: Fitness Maintenance
Focus: Preserving your massive August engine while your weekends are locked up with busy schedules.
- Tuesday (Key Workout): 10km Speed / Tempo. 1.5-mile warm-up. 3 miles at a hard, controlled tempo pace (roughly your 10k to half-marathon race pace). 1.7-mile easy cool-down.
- Wednesday (6:15–7:15 PM): 60 minutes on singletrack. Note: Sunset drops fast this month. Bring a light source for the final 20–30 minutes as forest shadows deepen. Practice accelerating for 30 seconds out of trail turns to build agility.
- Thursday: 3–4 miles flat, effortless recovery running.
- Friday: Full Rest Day
Monday
recovery 1 mi walk
Just easy today... recovering from the big weekend!
Tuesday
6x hill repeats
Ran with some early peeps downtown on the Bennet Street hill repeats - man those were spicy, especially in the ridiculously hot humid days. CAN IT BE FALL YET.
Wednesday
45 min easy singletrack
This run was hot garbage... or at least I felt like garbage because it was so hot. WHO KNOWS.
Is my waning patience for hot weather running showing?? At least these are pretty trails with lots of lovely wildflowers.
Thursday
Cadre Dan's GORUCK Headbanger Light
4 miles under a 20# pack and lots of PT - pushups, squats, ruck swings, and of course a dip in the Reedy River! Great ~3 hours with an awesome Cadre. 🫡
Friday
7 mi at Your Mom's House
Anticipating being out of town for the long weekend ahead, I decided to get in my long-ish run on Friday afternoon. Went to SCRA and was able to get 7 miles done with ~900 ft of climbing in the time I had, so that was close enough to the 8mi/1000ft goal. We'll call that good! Once again, TOO HOT.
![]() |
| Cute little deer sighting! 🦌 |
Saturday & Sunday
Just a few walks
No significant/recorded activities other than walking around at the bike race, breweries, and beach for the weekend.
Week Summary
✅Long Run 8 mi/1000ft vert - yeah, we'll call this one done (close enough)
✅10k Tuesday hills - yep
🟨Wednesday 50-60 min singletrack - based on effort I'd say I did this but it was a bit short of goal. Between it and the "skipped" Friday easy run (subbed for long run) I'll just give it an overall yellow.
17 miles this week - yikes, dipped that total a bit lower than I would have liked. Some weeks be like that, tho.






No comments:
Post a Comment