Week 3 goals:
- Long run of 20 miles OR split runs 15 & 8 miles, with 4,500ft elevation
- 10k Hill workout: 10km Hill Strength. 1.5-mile easy warm-up. 3.2 miles of continuous hilly terrain (or 5 x 3-minute hard uphill bounds with a slow jog recovery down). 1.5-mile easy cool-down.
- Wednesday 50-60 min Zone 2 trail
- Friday 4-5 miles easy
I already know I won't get my long run mileage or vert because I'm going on a girls' trip this weekend... will have to front-load some miles as much as possible, but leaving on Thursday morning super early will make that difficult. Gonna be a great trip though!
Monday
60 min Power Vinyasa - hot yoga @ Soul Yoga
Holy crap this class was so incredibly difficult! I was nervous because I had not signed up for a "power" class in so long, but the class time worked the best for my schedule so I went for it. Boy was it a level up from the regular Vinyasa classes I'd been doing! The class was centered around working on this pose which I'd never even heard of :
Tuesday
6.5 mi @ 9:19/mi
Mentally did NOT want to do this run. I should have run early morning but haven't been sleeping well and opted for a later alarm. Then meetings ran over and I couldn't get out at lunch so I had to run at the end of the day... and it was raining. Thankfully storms moved through fairly quickly and got out at the last minute to do this hill workout. Followed the recommended structure: 1.5 mi warmup, 5x 3min hill climb effort, 1.5 mi cooldown. I picked out a hill near work campus that I remembered being a decent steady climb from the days I used to ride my bike there. It wasn't super steep but it lasted just long enough to get the 3 minutes done (especially after the first rep when I slowed down).
Finished the run and scooted back to campus just in time before they close the gates at 6pm and made it home to pick up the pup from doggy daycare. WHEW.
Wednesday
Wednesday
40 min singletrack EZ
Had a small window of time during the morning and headed out to the SCRA trails only to find them closed (likely due to the rain we've had lately) so after some quick thinking pivoted to Riverbend Equestrian Park nearby. I hadn't been to these trails since before Helene so wasn't sure what shape the trails would be in, but was pleasantly surprised to find them pretty clear! Not as many criss-cross options as there used to be, but the main perimeter and mid-line trail were clear enough to do a few loops. Cut the time a bit short since it was lost in the SCRA detour to start, but happy with what we were able to accomplish with little notice - hooray adaptability and not giving up when things don't go right!
Thursday
vacation wanderings
No significant mileage, just a long drive then a few meanders to see overlooks and such!
![]() |
| New River Gorge NP! |
Friday
9.5 mi hike
We arranged a point-to-point hike on the Kaymoor Mine Trail and it was fabulous!
Sunday
3 mi / 2-hr SUP
The weather cooperated for us to get out on stand-up paddleboards at Summersville Lake!
Week end thoughts:
Knew this one wouldn't be great on the training plan... but had fabulous time over the weekend regardless!
⛔Long run of 20 miles OR split runs 15 & 8 miles, with 4,500ft elevation - nope
✅10k Hill workout - yes!
🟨Wednesday 50-60 min Zone 2 trail - a little short, but close!
⛔Friday 4-5 miles easy - also nope
Really gotta hit the mileage hard this coming weekend if I'm going to feel confident in meeting goals.




















No comments:
Post a Comment