Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Spartan Sprint Training - Week 3/11

Totally missed blogging last week. Sooooo let's see what I can remember! 😖

Monday
Did: 60 min Power Flow w/ Hyejin
Just yoga today. Needed a rest from the Sunday Funday super workout. 

Tuesday
Did: Track Tuesday + Trailside Trotters = 10.4 miles for the day
Yippee skippee two-a-days make for lots of miles and I am here. for. it.
Started out with early crew on track Tuesday, did Upward ladder (400/800/1200/1600) + 800 to finish. 
Then in the evening, did the Trailside Trotters 5k run club with friends and enjoyed a nice casual pace with oddly warm temperatures!

Wednesday
Did: 45 min Soul Sculpt
I was late to start this class due to work stuff. It's all I had time for but of course, something is better than nothing, always!

Thursday
Did: 5.7 mi Altamont run
4 weeks going strong, loving this run. Another PR to the top, cut about 20 seconds off my time once again! This week felt so much better compared to last week. Strange how the perceived exertion can change so much from week to week and it doesn't always match with your time or effort. Loving this for building my hill-climbing, though!

Friday
Did: RF Day 15 + 16, 60 min Power Flow w/ Jessica
Doubled up on the RF workouts (since I'd skipped ALL of them this week, ugh) and did some yoga at noon. I will say, these little 15-20 minute workouts are just right to squeeze in between meetings and such. It's a shift from the "ok this is my hour to workout" mentality but I'm learning how to incorporate them into the day. 

Saturday
Did: 60 min Soul Sculpt w/ Katie + 60 min Vinyasa w/ Hyejin
Doubled up on the virtual Soul classes today and felt great. I was tempted to go out and run in the cold rain but ultimately decided indoor workouts were going to be the plan for the day. Just couldn't muster the motivation to go out in it.

Sunday
Did: 9.98 mi @ 8:59/mi avg
Found my motivation to run in the rain today. More like... needed to go get some miles. And so I did. And it was good.


Wow, just 3 running days this week and I stayed above 25 mpw! Pretty pleased with that mileage + all the strength training. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment