Sunday, July 12, 2020

Week 17

Ok, trying to go back to daily posts just to get my head back in the right place. I feel better with the daily consistency, even if I'm not super active.

Monday
Did: 45 mins self-directed yoga + PT
Made up my own yoga routine since a live virtual class didn't fit in my schedule today, then followed it up with ALL of the PT exercises (glute/hip strengthening) I've been neglecting. Did some single-leg deadlifts and modified pistol squats which I'm sure I'll be feeling tomorrow.

Tuesday
Did: 6.22 mi @ 10:04/mi
A slow but steady (and hip-flexor-pain-free) 10k in the rain early in the morning. I stayed close to the house so ended up doing lots of small neighborhood loops. My lower back and area right around my tailbone were kind of sore today, so maybe those deadlifts and things did something?? 

Wednesday
Did: 60 min Soul Sculpt w/ Brionna + 9.5 mi bike ride
Ohhhhh yes I've missed this class the past few weeks! Being at home solo today, I was able to unroll my mat and crank up my music in the basement for class, which made it extra kick-ass. Hoping the rain holds off tonight so that I can ride my bike downtown for a neighbor's birthday gathering (at an outdoor bar, obviously 😷). 

I got to ride! It turned out to be a beautiful evening, the rain stayed away completely, so I hopped on my bike after I wrapped up work and pedaled down to Birds Fly South Ale Project (pictured above). It was just a casual spin on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, but nice to get out a bit and especially use the bike for commuting!

Thursday
Did: 3.7 mi trail run 
I got to run my favorite DuPont trail today!! I had a PT appointment and an afternoon free of meetings, so I left a little early and did a short run from Corn Mill Shoals parking lot. I wanted to run Burnt Mtn trail, too, but was short on time and decided to just stick with Cedar Rock / Big Rock trail. I took lots of pics because I was excited.
Not far in, already smiling. 
So much green 💚

I tried to do a self-timer action shot. Need more practice lol.
This trail offers so many cool features - love running on the slick rock.

Top of the mountain!
Favorite view

Watching the storms roll in the distance.
Through the rhododendron tunnels

Physically felt fine on this run... a little tightness in the lower back / hips around the tailbone, but I took it pretty slowly and walked a bunch of the steep uphills, and after we worked on it in PT it felt much better.

Friday
Did: 60 min Power Flow w/ Julie
Had a sub for this class who I didn't love but was still a nice flow and good midday stretch. 

Also decided to wear part of my first Ellie box today - turns out they ran out of the capri leggings that went with this set, so I'm getting an alternative item (different top) as a replacement. It'll come eventually. But I love the back detail of this sports bra and the crop top that goes with it is super fun - stretchy and soft and comfy and just long enough to not feel like my shirt is riding up all day, but short enough to feel cute. 



Saturday
Did: 4 mi hike w/ D at DuPont
Took the little man on a hike at DuPont to Wintergreen Falls. Started on Tarklin Branch Rd to the Wintergreen Falls Trail, then looped around on Sandy Creek Trail, Thomas Cemetery Road, and finally back to Buck Forest Rd to complete the loop back to the car. It started out rough with D puking about 3 miles before we got to DuPont, but he toughed it out and we had a great time!
Heading down the trail

Intersection

Climbing up to the view of the falls

We made it!

Pretty falls in the background

So peaceful


Not exactly a strenuous hike but certainly a good morning in the woods. 😊💚

Sunday
Did: 9.00 mi @ 9:36/mi avg
Wooooo another distance achievement unlocked without any significant hip flexor pain! Only walked a few hills and generally was a good run. Not too hot when I started, either, which was super nice.

Almost 23 miles total between hiking and running this week - wow, not too far behind my target 25-30 mpw! Super happy with this, hopefully I can maintain a consistent weekly mileage while still building my long run mileage and keep the hip flexor happy. 🙌

No comments:

Post a Comment