Sunday, November 10, 2019

Cloudland Canyon 50k Training (Week 14 of 18)

It's Sky to Summit 25k race week! Really just treating it like another training run but looking forward to the new scenery.

Monday
Planned: strength
Did: 47 min strength
A little bit lacking in energy despite getting nearly 9 hours of sleep last night (thanks, daylight savings, for making me tired enough to go to bed at 8pm!). Probably hungry. Anyway, did an OK lift session (first one in a couple of weeks) and could tell it had been that long since my last real strength session. Stretching at the end felt good though.

Tuesday
Planned: 10-ish mile Tuesday
Did:3.2 mi + 3.41 mi + 3.07 mi = 9.68 mi 
A run in three parts due to Scott traveling. I'd decided to do the Pint & Pie pub run at Sidewall, plus some miles beforehand in TR and at work before leaving. Decided it was easiest/quickest to get in a few miles at the end of the workday before leaving to pick up D. That way at least I only had to pack one set of running clothes!

Part 1 = 3.2 mi @ 8:46/mi treadmill at work. Thought I'd have more time, but ended up having to answer a few emails while on the treadmill so I had to slow to a walk while I typed.
Part 2 = 3.41 mi @ 9:03/mi stroller run. Felt pretty good, enjoyed the slight chill in the air as the sun went down.
Part 3 = 3.07 mi @ 8:56/mi Pint & Pie Pub Run. Got to run with Megan for the first time in forever! 😁 We chatted as we ran with the group in the dark (man, it was dark!). I had D hold the head lamp for me during the last bit. Could tell I was getting hungry by the end and I ate a half a pizza at dinner.

Wednesday
Planned: lunch trail run or treadmill speedwork
Did: 6.02 mi lunch trail run
Beautiful day on the trails - sunny, cool but comfortable, perfect.

Thursday
Planned: whichever not done on Wednesday
Did: 6.03 mi @ 8:17/mi avg
Downhill treadmill ladder for today. Got it done first thing in the morning so that was good.

Friday
Planned: rest or yoga
Did: rest

Saturday
Planned: shake-out run
Did: rest

Sunday
Planned: Sky to Summit 25k
Did: Sky to Summit 25k
Race report here

No comments:

Post a Comment