Monday, August 5, 2019

Countdown to Ultra Training (1 week to go!)

Monday
Did: short strength 
Was short on time but decided to stick with the "something is better than nothing" mantra and went down for a quick strength session. Must have done something worthwhile because Tuesday morning = sore glutes.

Tuesday
Did: 7.47 mi @ 7:53/mi avg
I commented to my track buddy this morning that, while I don't think I'm getting faster based on my interval times, I must be going faster overall because I'm finishing the workouts quicker. Did a ladder today and had time for several extra laps at the end before our track time was up.
400
800
1200
800
400
300
200
100

The humidity was low today which probably (definitely) helped!
Track sunrise over Paris Mtn in the distance.

Wednesday
Did: 4.8 mi trail run
Ran the work trails at lunch, wasn't too terribly hot and felt like I wasn't pushing too hard. Interesting how almost 5 miles has kind of become a nice easy trail run.

Thursday
Did: 40 mins trainer ride
Today's a busy day and I have to leave early from work, so I got up early and did a trainer ride in the basement. Stuck with 3 min hard effort / 1 min recovery for 5x rounds. Worked up a good sweat before 5AM! Woohoo.

Friday
Did: rest, though did walk ~1hr on the treadmill desk

Saturday
Did: 8.18 mi trail run
Did a midday run at Paris Mountain today and finally felt good enough to get over 8 miles! Did the whole climb up Sulphur Springs, looped around Firetower > Kanuga > Brissy, then back down. What a difference it makes when I don't have a time pressure to finish. That little relief makes it much more enjoyable.
Trails!
Sunday
Did: 7.17 mi @ 9:29/mi avg
Ran through Green Valley for a morning road run, nothing much special and I could tell my legs were tired. Gonna need to get them used to building mileage and doing back-to-back weekend runs.

Week-ending thoughts:
Ummmm so 50k training (18 weeks) starts Monday. I should probably decide on a training plan. lolololol

No comments:

Post a Comment