Monday, July 29, 2019

Countdown to Ultra Training (2 weeks to go)

Monday
Did: strength
Good lift today. Apparently my gym time has been paying off since I've received a couple of comments/compliments in the past week about my arms. 😁 Woohoo!

Tuesday
Did: #Track10kTuesday, 6.5 mi @ 8:10/mi avg
Met AT the track this morning instead of running to it due to my track buddy having to bring his 5-month-old in the stroller and the threat of rain. I'd decided on mile repeats which I was not thrilled about this morning, but stuck to my plan and ended up feeling pretty good.
3x mile repeats... 7:17, 7:22, 7:22 (consistency!)
3x 400 repeats... 1:40, 1:37, 1:35

Also, new shoes day!
Wednesday
Did: 4.98 mi @ 8:42/mi 
Lunchtime trail run at work, felt so nice outside in the low(er) humidity and slight breeze and cooler temps! I thought I was taking this easy but... still pretty quick for a trail run.

Thursday
Did: 25 mins core/strength + run/walk around Gateway Park trails
Did an end-of-day core/strength workout in the gym, then went to the park with D and followed him around the dirt trails for a little run/walk.

Friday
Did: 4.1 mi @ 8:25/mi avg
I couldn't help but run today to enjoy the cool temps... it was so nice! Dressed to run first thing and ran when I got to work, felt so good to get that done before work and the inevitable Friday insanity.

Saturday
Did: 7.2 mi trail run
Wasn't feeling great but plodded around the JFA loop at Pleasant Ridge. Felt much better after some time in the woods.

Sunday
Did: 24.5 mi road bike ride
Family bike ride on the Swamp Rabbit trail to visit the zoo and stop at Swamp Rabbit Grocery on the way home for lunch. Fun time!
D wouldn't smile. 

The Wee-Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment