Monday, April 3, 2017

Cradle to Grave 30k Training - 7 Weeks to go

Ok, maybe this title will actually stick... #commitmentprobs

Probably? Maybe??
Also, I'm continuing to adapt my blogging format and I'm shamelessly stealing this week's format from Angelina. 😇

Monday
Plan: strength & stretch
Did: strength & stretch w/ 1mi treadmill warm-up

1 mile warm-up on the treadmill felt better than I'd expected given yesterday's hard effort up Paris Mountain. I broke things up into smaller sets today, just for convenience/time management and trying not to hog one machine for too long since I got a later start than usual and I was worried the lunch crowds would start rolling in before I was done. Turns out everyone was running later than usual today. 😏

3x 8-10 for everything:
-----
pull-ups (40lb assist)
tri-dips (40lb assist)
squats (75lb)
-----
tri cable pull-down (40lb)
bench press (65lb)
-----
curls (2x16lb dumbbells)
OH press (2x16lb dumbbells)
side-step w/ resistance band
-----
deadlift (40lb)
one-arm cable row (30lb)
-----
core set: 3 rounds, reps of 20x/15x/10x
16lb medicine ball toe-touch
heels-to-heaven
16lb med ball mason twist

3x10 pushups
stretching

Tuesday
Plan: 10k Tuesday
Did: 6.24mi @ 8:39/mi
It was warm today at lunch! Felt pretty good despite the fact that I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Pace was better than anticipated, only had one mile above a 9 (Mile 4, 9:09) and even had a mile close to 8 (Mile 2, 8:11). Yippee!

Wednesday
Plan: run
Did: 4.51mi @ 9:27/mi cross-country trails
I'd thought of doing some hill repeats today, but then realized I'd packed my trail running shoes so I opted for an off-road nice and easy run. Did the 5k course + Vita Course loop for a nice mix of grass, dirt, gravel, and a bit of road at the end. It was warm again! And my legs are definitely tired as this is my 5th straight day of running. Had to switch the usual Wednesday XT / Thursday run due to others having conflict with a Wednesday bike ride. Plus, knowing I'm not going to run again until Sunday made it a little easier to push through!

Thursday
Plan: bike ride
Did: 5.57mi bike ride + 3200m rowing machine
I headed out on the bike thinking I could sneak in a ride before the rain rolled in, but I was mistaken. I got about 5.5 miles done and the mist turned into actual rain, so I turned around. The rain itself wasn't bad, but the impending thunderstorms had me a bit nervous about being out. I got inside and hopped onto the rowing machine for some variety, did 2 miles (3200m) in ~20 minutes. Felt pretty good about the overall workout despite the required change of plans!

Moist.
Friday
Plan: ? (rest day)
Did: nothing
Rest day = done.

Saturday
Plan: nothing - Contest Day!
Did: Contest! But still got 10,000 steps 😄
Amazing day!

Sunday
Plan: 9mi run @ Salem Lake (annual tradition!)
Did: 9.04mi @ 9:19/mi w/ stroller & Angelina

Favorite post-contest tradition: run at Salem Lake!
Angelina and I headed out to Salem Lake on Sunday morning and loved the cooler temps as we started out. D fell asleep about halfway through after talking to us for the first half of the run. Gorgeously sunny day, kept a solid but comfortable pace through the run, and felt strong to the very end. Perfect way to round out the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment